Pacific Crest Trail

jentzschman

Came across this and was in awe! Has anyone ever done this "hike"? Seems amazing and I think I would love to do it at some point in my life. The trick would be getting 6 months off work to do it! :eek:

[video=youtube;xyo8OIp7aHM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=71&v=xyo8OIp7aHM[/video]

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I read the book Wild recently... Does that count? :D

Seriously thought I'd love to say I did something like hike the PCT. The much shorter John Muir trail would be awesome as well.. Geez I'm starting to feel old and out of shape just thinking about it lol.

rholbrook

My BiL's father just left to do this trail alone this weekend. His family is freaking out about doing it alone. I understand their concern since he is like 75 but the guy looks like he is 50. I'm so excited for him

blznnp

thats awesome, I have done 50 miles of the trail. We came across a couple guys that were doing the whole thing. They would go for 2 weeks and then meet up with someone to replenish their supplies. I would love to do that whole trail one day.

amp713

PCT is insane.... But not exactly for me...

If Im hiking Im headed to go hunt, or go scout, or go fish. I want to get somewhere to do something, not just hike to hike more. I mean I love hiking into new areas to see them but I want to stick around and do something and enjoy the scenery, not just hike past.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
PCT is part of the big 3 or thru hiking.
PCT, AT (appalachian trail), an CDT (continental divide trail)

I have hiked on the CDT and the AT, but never the PCT. I hope to do the full length of one of them one day. I will probably end up section hiking it. Section hiking is doing part of it in a shorter amount of time. Then you come back and start at the same point until you get it all done. That way I don't have to take time off work.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Justin Lichter and Shawn Forry just did the PCT in the WINTER. First time it has ever been done.