Wanted Paint/Bodywork suggestions

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I need some small paint projects taken care of for my FJ40. My rear hatch has some rust starting to pop through and I need to get around to fixing it. I've got a completely rust-free hatch that I need to get paint matched to my Cruiser. While I'm at it, my hood has some rock chips and spots that are starting to blister a bit, no rot just surface rust. I wanted to have it knocked down and repainted at the same time. I'll install the glass, hinges, etc... I just need them cleaned up and painted. Any local recommendations?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I just heard an ad for TK Customs. I'd imagine it's our very own TK here due to the art/custom work descriptions. Says they also do collision work so I'm assuming they're a full service shop. Might be worth checking into?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I just heard an ad for TK Customs. I'd imagine it's our very own TK here due to the art/custom work descriptions. Says they also do collision work so I'm assuming they're a full service shop. Might be worth checking into?

I heard that this morning too. It is Todd here on RME. :cool:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor

Ah yes, I had forgotten that Todd was doing 'bigger' stuff now. For years he was doing just sick airbrushing, helmets, tanks, etc. Definitely worth a call. :cool:

Wel, since it's just a Toyota... :D

If I could match the rest of the paint :D

MOODY

Bald Guy
A friend of mine and his pops run Carstar collision repair here in Utah (I believe they are a franchise). They did some work on one of my Jeeps for a fair price and the quality was great.

Dave and Dave Watson Jr.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
I don't know if he is or not, I saw the sign was still up on his building, but that doesn't mean much. I would call Tracy at Rob Schmidt's.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Bump, I've got some sheet metal ready for paint. Any other recommendations I should check with? Hickey is your mrs still in Draper?

Jesser04

I have a buddy who would do it on the side. He does good work pm if you are interested I can send you some pics of stuff he has done for me. He is in bountiful

rholbrook

I have a buddy who would do it on the side. He does good work pm if you are interested I can send you some pics of stuff he has done for me. He is in bountiful
I have seen his work and it is amazing. When I was there last he had a Hemi Cuda on a rotisserie for the owner of a BIG dealership. He has painted many for the dealer. He had a sick Lincoln convertible with suicide doors that was bagged and dropped low.