paint job

mr_blove

ask me if I care
Does anyone know of a place that does a quality job for a reasonable price on automotive painting(not maaco). I am thinking of painting my motorcycle(a cruiser) just plain ol flat black, really simple and easy but I want it done good. I don't know anything about automotive paint so a place that doesn't mind alot of questions would be awesome. Thanks:cool:

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
What about powder coat? Utah Powder Coating can handle a job like that. It would be best to bring them the frame and other parts broken down.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Armor Coatings... simple as that. They do frames all the time and generally have a few in their shop to look at. Not only is their quality superb and their pricing fair, they are fast. I've never had parts there for more than a few days. RME'ers too!

skiboarder

SkiBoarder
Powder coating is the way to go. But if you decide not to go that route. Paint it yourself with rustoleum. Google it. People are doing some real cool stuf with it. I did my bronco with rustoleum. Mix it 50/50 with mineral spirits. The spray with a good air sprayer.

mr_blove

ask me if I care
Powder coating fairings? I never thought about that, how well does it hold up especially to polymers? I would be looking at doing the front and rear fender, gas tank, and the bat wing.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Powder coating fairings? I never thought about that, how well does it hold up especially to polymers? I would be looking at doing the front and rear fender, gas tank, and the bat wing.

Ah, you said paint a motorcycle so I think most of us assumed the frame. Fairings and such would be a different story, going to have to be wet paint there. Devils is in the details.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
You sir are correct, my apologies. Do you have any recommendations as far as "wet paint" goes?

TK Customs (Todd is an RME member) knows moto's better than any but he might be a higher end paint job than you are looking for? I'd start with him and see if he has a recommendation.

mr_blove

ask me if I care
Rustoleum

I was hoping for something a little higher in quality the rattle can and cruiseroutfit I have talked to TK customs and he is a little bit more of a high end than I am looking for. I am looking for durability and quality but not show room blue ribbon level. I would feel like a douche if I called him for a competitors recommedation.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I still think the idea of powder coating is a good one. They can do lots of different colors and it hold up really well. Probably the cheapest out there also.