Paint question

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Oooh, free research! Let's see here, the first one says "these films are not optically clear". I wonder what they mean by that... Like, can I basically not see out of them at all, or is it just not perfect. :confused:

Oooh, those blue flames could be really cool!

The last stuff looks like it could work too. Just for fun I jusr sprayed a scrap piece with some blue spray paint. In order to get even close to a uniform covering I had to spray enough that I can now just barely see through it. Crap. I need to walk around a paint place, and see if they have anything. I'm gonna try rubbing, and bending this scrap piece I painted and see how well the paint stick though.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
they had another one that I didn't link...it was a fading tint, went from blue to graphite top to bottom. that would be kinda cool....

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
By optically clear, they mean that it is transparent, but there will be some distortions or haze. You wouldn't want it on a windshield for instance.

samizook

Check prices. It might be cheaper to buy a Qt. of paint and spray them yourself. I would check "house of color" for a transparent blue. I don't know how or if it will stick directly onto Lexan. Worth looking into though.