Parts Mike Super Arms

Bones

Me and my friend have these and I'm using ES2233L and ES2234R tie rod ends on the tie rod. I've ran mine for a year and have had this problem since Igot them, and never done anything about it. Last night we bolted everything together for the final assembly on my friends Scout II. He noticed that in order to get the get the tie rod end's tapered shaft to fully seat into the arms, the nuts are drawn up so high that the cotter pin completely clears the castle nut. I suppose a washer or two would space it down so the the cotter pin could do it's job, but with the tapered shaft seated that far into the arm the boots are smashed flat and pinched between the TRE and the arm. Anybody else notice this problem? It seems like the arms were over reamed for these ends and would better fit the slightly larger ES2027L and ES2026R drag link ends.

EDIT: These are D44 arms BTW

Last edited:

Bones

Beefier? What do you mean? These are 3/4 ton and are huge! Moogs as well, so they better last more than a year. Also the passenger side TRE also accepts my drag link and requires it be reamed and I don't have the reamer, Parts Mike did that for me when he drilled/tapped my knuckles... I'll probably just live with it for now since it's so close to wheelable. I plan to contact Mike to see what he thinks would be a good fix.

Thanks

Bones

Mine are like that as well (2 washers). but it sucks the rod end down on the arm more and the boots are wasted after only 6 months. Mike is exchanging my friends since they are new/never used items. I'm going to call him to see if we can work something out for mine as well.

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
My parts mike arms are reamed perfect. I would call him, he seems like the kind of a guy that would make it right.

Bones

Yeah PM is a cool cat. It's not a huge issue, but I plan to call him to see what can be done. I'd rather not have them replaced since that comes out of his pocket, and I like the little guys in this hobby. :D

ShortShaft

user
Vendor
I ran the same tie rod ends on the TJ, and had the same problem. I used some flat washers to help out, but I think it still slopped a little. The joints were bad in 6 months. I use heims now- they are louder *clunk* but not bad.