Passing of Ber Knight

Asbjorn

Thought it would be fitting to share the news of Ber Knight’s passing with the group, as I’m sure many of you have memories with him. I’m hoping that I don’t step on the toes of @GER4x4 or @drtsqrl with this post. If they want to do this differently, please feel free to delete this.

I received an email yesterday regarding the passing of Ber Knight. While I only met Ber briefly on a few occasions, I know he was well respected by many and played a huge role in the offroad community in Moab. Per the email I received:

“Hi friends - It is with great sadness that I am passing on the news that Ber Knight passed away this morning. He
was surrounded by Charlotte, his 3 children and 1 stepson. He was 97. A full obituary will be in the local paper. It was his wish to be cremated.

Ber was a wonderful man. He was a good friend, and an enormous asset to jeepers in the Moab area. He will be greatly missed.”

May Ber Rest In Peace.

Last edited:

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
My dad and I always tried to get runs led by Ber back when we went to EJS. Best memory is when we went on a three day camping trip with him back in 2007. He was a character and full of fantastic stories.
Ber mapped most of the trails around Moab back in the 80's and then went back and started GPSing them all again starting in the late 90s. If it wasn't for his efforts, we probably wouldn't have access to many, many areas.

He was a legend. A life well led.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Ber was great! His contribution to the community is unparalleled!
And what he could do in that little sunshine yellow Jeep of his was nothing short of amazing too.
He will be missed.
RIP Ber.

Last edited:

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
My dad and I always tried to get runs led by Ber back when we went to EJS. Best memory is when we went on a three day camping trip with him back in 2007. He was a character and full of fantastic stories.
Ber mapped most of the trails around Moab back in the 80's and then went back and started GPSing them all again starting in the late 90s. If it wasn't for his efforts, we probably wouldn't have access to many, many areas.

He was a legend. A life well led.
I was on that trip with you and your dad. Deloris triangle. He had the red cj7 with the windshield down the whole time.
I sure hope someone recorded some of his stories.