Passing Willys

RKCRWLR

Got a 1953 CJ3A... all original (even the tires). I would like to keep this one as close to stock as I can. What will be required to pass inspection? The issues I currently see are it came with only one rear tail light, no turn signals, no side markers, no seat belts, no rear view mirror. I am assuming I have to correct all these things?

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
It was my understanding that it had to have the original equipment in operation on those items this would be a good thing to know for sure though

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I think you're pretty much exempt from a lot of the inspection rules since yours didn't have them from the factory. You might have to do a limited registration though, like the hotrod guys do. (only drive it on nice days during daylight or some such crap)

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Last time I tried to pass my 48 cj2a they told me I would have to get turn signals and stuff. Maybe that was just the place I went. I think I LEAN is right about the limited registration though you could go that route.

Meat_

Banned
Take it to the department and have them tell you what you have to have, don't go by what the punks at Jiffy Lube say.

Bart

You may have to license it as an antique vehicle. I think as long as it has original equipment, you are golden.