people in kearns suck

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
I didnt know that crack houses would be allowed on such holy land as Utah! :p

OCNORB

Supporting Member
Coreshot said:
I'm sure there are, but I don't know of any across the street from my kids' school. My old house actually backed to yours, so this was an issue for you too. Perhaps you didn't know of it, but it was there.

So, why aren't you living there any longer...? :rolleyes:

I didn't know anything about it. With 9 cops living in 4 blocks you would think that wouldn't be a problem. I moved because my Gma died and I wanted to keep the home in the family.

I was just suggesting that not all people in any particualr area suck, there are bad guys everywhere. I know some damn good people in Kearns, and I think the good ones outnumber the bads by 100 to 1.

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
You are right, there are good and bad people everywhere. There is no Utopia where there is no crime or drugs. I still have several friends that live in the old neighborhood, and there are many good people out there. But, unfortuneatly, there tends to be more bad elements in areas that become older and rundown. The reason I moved out of the area was because of lack of space to build my shop, not because of crime. In my first post, I was was saying that was literally the ONLY problem I ever saw out there. It was a BIG problem, but it was taken care of, and is no longer an issue. You are right, with as many cops live in that neighborhood, you wouldn't think much would happen in the way of crime.

muleskinner

Coreshot said:
Only problem I ever had there was the crack house/brothel just around the corner. :eek:

It was great having my kids walk past it on the way to school everyday. :rolleyes:

Why didn't you tell me about that? I would have come over more :D Wait, maybe that's why... :rofl:

ace

Parts Collector
Barbie said:
I didnt know that crack houses would be allowed on such holy land as Utah! :p

Oh yeah, you should have seen the line to get into the Bountiful Liquor store this morning....Geez! :eek: :eek:

(not that I was there :ugh: )

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
James K said:
meth capital of the US.

Sure is a lot of that going on in Carbon County as well, from what I hear. Quite a few people that I went to school with have spent some serious time because of meth. It's pretty sad!

way2nosty

Herzog said:
Sure is a lot of that going on in Carbon County as well, from what I hear. Quite a few people that I went to school with have spent some serious time because of meth. It's pretty sad!

you're CHS class of '98? '99? I seem to remember...

CJJ92yj

The house I bought in Kearns used to be one of the biggest meth houses out in that area at the time. My neighbors to the North alone called the cops over 150 times the summer before I moved in. The neighbor just across the street of the neighbors to the North has over 50 hours of video footage of drug deals at my house before I bought it. Needless to say, everyone on that culdesac was glad when they were finally foreclosed on at the end of the summer. After putting up with them for over 10 years, they are glad to have me there, and I'm certainly no saint.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
You suck at writing titles for threads. :rofl: Way to piss off a good portion of the population of RME, genius. I don't live in Kearns, but I live next door. It's the ghetto. It's not very nice. But in general the people that live there are hard working, honest people.

Jeeptj98

RockMonkey said:
You suck at writing titles for threads. :rofl: Way to piss off a good portion of the population of RME, genius. I don't live in Kearns, but I live next door. It's the ghetto. It's not very nice. But in general the people that live there are hard working, honest people.

How can you Label all of Kearns as the Ghetto??? I live in Kearns and I can promise you that my neighborhood is nicer then alot of neighborhoods on the East Side. Do you live in West Jordan? Or West Valley? Taylorsville? I can show you places in all of those Cities that are way more "GHETTO" then areas of Kearns. You can't label a entire city because of a few bad areas of it.

CJJ92yj

I know when I tell people I live in Kearns, they automatically assume the worse part. I'm not certain most people are aware of the official limits of Kearns. It covers a larger area than most people seem to think of when they think of Kearns.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Poor said:
How can you Label all of Kearns as the Ghetto??? I live in Kearns and I can promise you that my neighborhood is nicer then alot of neighborhoods on the East Side. Do you live in West Jordan? Or West Valley? Taylorsville? I can show you places in all of those Cities that are way more "GHETTO" then areas of Kearns. You can't label a entire city because of a few bad areas of it.
I was actually referring to MY neighborhood. :rofl: Trust me. It's the ghetto.

It really sucks because one or two bad apples can ruin the bunch. I live in a fairly nice neighborhood in West Valley, a lot of my neighbors have lived here for 20+ years, and just within the last couple of years things have gotten worse. My street is perfect, except for the people who live directly across the street from us. They have a drug problem, there is traffic there all times of the day. We've worked with the cops and they've made a few busts after nailing people when they leave there, but according to the cops its not the lady who lives there but actually the people visiting that are the problem.

Either way I wish they'd either move or get totally busted, the wife and I want to start a family but I'm not going to raise a kid in a neighborhood that has this kind of problem. One of the people busted leaving there had a sawed off shotgun in the truck, 6 grand in cash on them, 14 warrants, and half a pound of meth...WITH HIS ELDERLY MOM IN THE CAR. Who the phawk puts their mom in that situation? I guess there was actually a pursuit, then the guy bailed and let his mother have guns drawn on her...thats messed up.

Anyway, I've seen some nice places in Kearns, would live there if the price was right. But now that I've finally become an homeowner I totally understand what my dad told me years ago when he said "You can buy a house, but you can't buy your neighbors".

I wish we could.