people wonder why they close places.....

this one really ticks me off!!! my favorite place to go offroad is looking pretty beat up now, me and a buddie went up there to find abunch of tore up areas. here is a pic of one of the spots someone decided they needed to drive up.....
IMG_3358.jpg

up at the lake there is a bunch of garbage and crap everywhere! i think i might head back up tomorrow to do some clean-up work.
i will post more pics

this is up lake fork on the turn off to head up towards smiths reservoir, out by indianola. me and a few buddies go up there every year and it never has been this bad.
here is more pics
IMG_3441.jpg

the fire pit ^^

IMG_3446.jpg

a few pallets out in the mud,^^ (notice a 5 gallon bucket out in the pond)

IMG_3444.jpg

there is beer bottles and cans everywhere not to mention junk. i love this place lots and lots of memories up this canyon
i am going through more pics so i will post more, hopefully i can get a couple buddies with a truck so we can go get the pallets and haul all the trash out

here is a few more pics of that pond,
IMG_3496.jpg

IMG_3497.jpg

IMG_3498.jpg

^^ a few people know about this place, its a great place to go when you just wanna go relax :)
oh yeah,
i might have a few guys that will be heading up there to do some major cleaning.

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
this place is about 5 miles from my cabin property, I haven't been up to the reservior for a couple years. It's a shame people do that crap.

Lifelong Jeeper

I admit to my ignorance here being that I don't drink, but why is that beer drinkers in general don't pick up their trash? Granted you get the occasional mtn dew can and such, but by and large the majority of the trash you see out there is beer cans/bottles. I've always found that to be curious.

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
I admit to my ignorance here being that I don't drink, but why is that beer drinkers in general don't pick up their trash? Granted you get the occasional mtn dew can and such, but by and large the majority of the trash you see out there is beer cans/bottles. I've always found that to be curious.

I don't find it curious, I find it unacceptable... I don't smoke, and watch folks flip ciggy butts all over the place. Why?

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo

its likely cause the dirtbags are worried about getting an open container ticket...so they toss it out, they should stay home or at camp and drink and then they wouldnt have anything to worry about.

i swear when i go out offroading, i always take out what i take in... no matter what. when i go to clean my truck after the trips i am always cleaning up my mess out my truck. well i own a suv, i bought the suv for a reason to wheel in plus there was extra space in the back to throw my trash when i am out wheeling.
i think the reason this placed was trashed so bad is the forest service dont like to go up that road that much, the first part you have to cross threw a river then then nex lil ride is kinda ruff..