Phony Protests?

Floppy Hat

mbryson's hairdresser
goin4xn said:
Finally - everything in UROC is handled with the utmost professionalism. That's why many of the competitors are here. They've been to the other events and are happy with the way UROC does things. There are not lies and there is no deciete.

The problem now is the uncertainty that we are all faced with. For the most part, UROC has been great, but who knows what the future with hold. We don't know what the rules regarding protests will be in the new UROC, it'd be great if they were like the old UROC's rules, but there is a chance they'll be closer to the RCAA rules. The fact that Craig is gone and Ranch is involved is leading many to believe that RCAA will be a greater influence in shaping the new UROC.

UROC has set up a link on their website (http://www.uroc.com) for people to send in their rule suggestions. So far, I've only made the comment that the Super Stock class be retained, but I urge everyone to make their feelings known.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
goin4xn said:
No - Ranch is *NOT* UROC now. What role he is to fill in the orginization is still up in the air. This kind of statment is emotionally charged and is not a fact. It may be your perception but you (and I) do not know what position Ranch will hold within UROC.
Duh. I'm sure everyone realizes this. Spence may be loud, but he ain't stupid.

Most everyone realizes he will not be in charge. He will, however have SOME say in the way things are done, and that to me, is frightening.

goin4xn

Jeepaholic
Floppy Hat said:
The problem now is the uncertainty that we are all faced with. For the most part, UROC has been great, but who knows what the future with hold. We don't know what the rules regarding protests will be in the new UROC, it'd be great if they were like the old UROC's rules, but there is a chance they'll be closer to the RCAA rules. The fact that Craig is gone and Ranch is involved is leading many to believe that RCAA will be a greater influence in shaping the new UROC.

UROC has set up a link on their website (http://www.uroc.com) for people to send in their rule suggestions. So far, I've only made the comment that the Super Stock class be retained, but I urge everyone to make their feelings known.

I am lobbying HARD to keep the UROC rules the same. The name is the same so why shouldn't the rules be the same? (Don't fix what isn't broken).

Here's what I posted in another thread:
OK - You ALL have an oppertunity to make your voices heard about Ranch's involvement with UROC.

Go to the UROC website. There is a link where you can leave your comments.
Better yet, go to the contacts page and get the email for Mark Patey.

Send him your comments directly.

Now that being said, let me say that you should be polite, professional and give him the information needed so that he can make the correct (for you as competitors and for UROC as on orginization) decision about Ranch.

Give him specific instances, examples and situations.

Give him names and phone numbers so he can call people to get their side of the story.

Give him your name and phone number so he can call you and ask any follow up questions he may have after reading your suggestions.

This is a way for you to have a VOICE in the orginizatio (and re-orginization) of UROC.

http://www.uroc.com

Scott

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
goin4xn said:
I am lobbying HARD to keep the UROC rules the same. The name is the same so why shouldn't the rules be the same? (Don't fix what isn't broken).

Here's what I posted in another thread:
OK - You ALL have an oppertunity to make your voices heard about Ranch's involvement with UROC.

Go to the UROC website. There is a link where you can leave your comments.
Better yet, go to the contacts page and get the email for Mark Patey.

Send him your comments directly.

Now that being said, let me say that you should be polite, professional and give him the information needed so that he can make the correct (for you as competitors and for UROC as on orginization) decision about Ranch.

Give him specific instances, examples and situations.

Give him names and phone numbers so he can call people to get their side of the story.

Give him your name and phone number so he can call you and ask any follow up questions he may have after reading your suggestions.

This is a way for you to have a VOICE in the orginizatio (and re-orginization) of UROC.

http://www.uroc.com

Scott

Good call, Scott. Doing something about it rather than complaining might make UROC a better series in the end.