pick-n-pull open on sunday

TELFORD

its a work in progress
whom ever decided to re-build my transfer case before me forgot a kind of important part.there is a sleve that go's over a sping on the drain plug. ya he didnt put it back in when it was put back together, so i could have all kinds of issues. I just didnt want to wait till monday to get the part, Iwould like to finish the thing up tomorrow so I could get my drive lines ordered.

AINT SKEERED

Balls to the Walls
TELFORD said:
whom ever decided to re-build my transfer case before me forgot a kind of important part.there is a sleve that go's over a sping on the drain plug. ya he didnt put it back in when it was put back together, so i could have all kinds of issues. I just didnt want to wait till monday to get the part, Iwould like to finish the thing up tomorrow so I could get my drive lines ordered.

Yeah I dont blame you. What's it for? If you looking for Toyota stuff A1 and Pull and Save is your best bet.

Brad Yates

airwalks are cool
speaking of junkyards, how hard is it for y'all to find D60 front axles? I found a king pin chevy style today. The price i was quoted was with a core exchange. What do you normally do for that? Find a dirt cheap one and use that, or does everyone have one or two always hanging around the garage? good hijack huh!

TELFORD

its a work in progress
Brad Yates said:
speaking of junkyards, how hard is it for y'all to find D60 front axles? I found a king pin chevy style today. The price i was quoted was with a core exchange. What do you normally do for that? Find a dirt cheap one and use that, or does everyone have one or two always hanging around the garage? good hijack huh!

never been there, but why would pic-npull want a core?

TELFORD

its a work in progress
AINT SKEERED said:
Yeah I dont blame you. What's it for? If you looking for Toyota stuff A1 and Pull and Save is your best bet.

jeep stuff, theres a few off 201 by me I'll go there first

Bone Down

i have never heard a JY wanting a core for a part, they are in the business of parting out and crushing cars not usually in the business of trading one used axle for another.

Caleb

almost all the pick-n-pull places charge cores on most parts now. When I bought Taurus fans they would even charge a core charge. FWIW, most the junkyards also sell large amounts of parts to re-manufacturers to be rebuilt and sold in parts stores ;)

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I think most JY's "core charge" is just an excuse to charge you more.

You found a front D60 in a yard? That's kind of a rare find. How much did/do they want for it?

Bart

Anybody know if there are any of the older Wagoneers or Cherokees at P and P? I've got to find a 727 shift linkage for my son.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Bart said:
Anybody know if there are any of the older Wagoneers or Cherokees at P and P? I've got to find a 727 shift linkage for my son.

There usually are several at PnP.

TELFORD

its a work in progress
Bart said:

a few weeks back I saw some old waggys at the jy off of about 7200 west and 201. I am going to run over there today, (as soon as my wife gets home) I will let you know what I see

Caleb

Bart said:

fullsize right? if so then I have never been to one that didn't have atleast a couple :D

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
core charge...

the pick and pull on 3300 and 700 west not only charged me a core charge on my cpu for my xj they also charged me an enviromental charge... they are sneaking all kinds of extra charges in there... but then again they only charged me $39 for the cpu where as everyone else wanted $150 or better...

TELFORD

its a work in progress
I whent to both on 2100 south, a few waggys, but nothing bigger, lots of xj's, and even saw a scout int what appeared to be decent shape. When I have more time I am going back to get an tranny out of one of those cherokes,

Brad Yates

airwalks are cool
I Lean said:
I think most JY's "core charge" is just an excuse to charge you more.

You found a front D60 in a yard? That's kind of a rare find. How much did/do they want for it?
I agree. I figure they don't expect people to bring a core with them and when someone actually does, they're like oh crap - well no problem since it hardly ever happens and look at all this extra money we get by demanding a core.
Yep i found a D60 with pics to prove it. It's not what I need unless I change my plans a bit, but they quoted me $450 w/core trade in. I know i can sell it for more than that.