pick n' pull

tuck

spud crawler
what's the Pick n' Pull like in Salt Lake? Have you guys been there before? I am in Boise, and it looks like Salt Lake is the closest location. Are there any good parts there? Seems like the way to go if they have what you need. I noticed they're having a sell right now where all transmissions and transaxles are ~$50... not bad. I wonder if it applied to t-cases and axles also... hmmm. I think they frequently have 1/2 price days. Anyway, I hope I didn't just blow someone's secret stash.. ;)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Sometimes it great other times it sucks. I've spent many days there in the last few months sourcing parts for a TBI conversion I'm designing. Soketimes you will find everything you need and other times you spend hours looking but nothing is found....its all about being there on the day the part you need tolls out. If it is a really common part then you'll probably find it fairly easy, they do have quite a few vehicles....

I actually got a birf there this summer :D :D :D

tuck

spud crawler
they got any 1 ton chevy trucks with front axles still in tact? or th400-np205 combos? :D

I doubt it.. but it would still be fun to rummage

Get Me wired

got issues?
P-n-P's full size truck section has always left me wanting, or rather I've left it wanting. Its about 1/8th of the yard space for all makes of full side trucks, vans and SUVs. I've never seen a CJ, YJ or TJ there so I don't know if they put them in the same area but they do put the XJ and of course the FSJ there. The chassis and drive traiin parts are sprayed with blue paint in this area so they can charge more. They have a mid size/ small truck section slightly smaller where they put the S-10 pickups and blazers/jimmys along with the various Troopers Sammys and Bronco IIs and import pickups. They do a good job sorting out the cars they have sections based on manufacture and size then a miscellaneous area for all the Opel Mantas, Kadets and like. My personal feeling is that its a good place to go when their having a sale and you need or think you need something otherwise I find parts elsewhere. Hope that help give you a sence of the place, we could always take photos if you think you need more.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
WTF is with Pic' N Pul' charging a frickin' core charge on everything...I got charged a core charge on an air clearer housing...WTF... I even got a core charge on a pitman arm... I mean its only a buck or two but they know that most people don't have a core on stupid stuff like that... I mean what are they going to do with a pitman arm broken in half? or a broken birf... They make you think your getting a good deal til' the core ya'

Sorry for the venting...:D

S

sukaB

No core charge at B's place....
I have 465 with 205 chevy 200 bucks and also435 ford with205
bronco c4 wit 205

BronkoRob

if your looking for axles id would go next door to summers. if you go out back and to the far right corner there is a huge pile of them. anything from suzuki to 1 ton. i got a hp fullsize d44 hub to hub from them for 200$ last summer. just when your walking around dont lean on any of the ify car piles and keep out of the rode when the guys that work there are driving the yard cars or the cat. they stop for nobody ive seen them bounce off of a few car piles before. not the best driver. but they seem to have a good axle supply. oh yeah in the racks up front are axle shafts, tcases, and trannys. happy hunting

rustybronco

Flat Land Offroader
Originally posted by BronkoRob
i got a hp fullsize d44 hub to hub from them for 200$ last summer. ]

Did you put this fullsize axle on your bronco? I'm just about finished mounting mine. Just wondering if you ran into any problems!?

BronkoRob

no not yet. a few weeks after i got it i hit a dear and had to get a new radiator, than a week later i blew out the rear springs and the tranny died on me. so its sitting on the side of the shop right now waiting for me to get around to dump some more money into it. as for the setup im still debating weather to just extend the old radius arms or run a y link with a heim in the back and bushings up front. still not sure but ive got a few more projects in front of it. i figured since its dead rigt now to tube frame the back half and toss coils back there. what problems have you had so far?

rustybronco

Flat Land Offroader
I just finished up mounting the front end this weekend. I went with a wristed arm set up and kept the stock length arms for clearance. But I fabbed up my own arm mounts to the frame that have a much better angle to the arms. After playing around with the articulation when everything was welded up I was amazed! That thing flexes! Now I'm worried about my shocks holding me back even with the hoops and 14 in. of travel. And with the wide axles on now, my 35 in. BFG's look too small. And I'm worried about my headers hitting the center section, but haven't been able to check it yet. And if I don't build new spring buckets they're going to flare out at the bottom. But I think I might just live with that for now. And, and, and....... Anyway, it looks sweet and flexes like a TJ! Can't wait for Moab.

MAGD

There Is A Better Yard A Little Further South In American Fork. Its Called Kurts The Have Alot More Truck Stuff

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
cruiseroutfit said:
WTF is with Pic' N Pul' charging a frickin' core charge on everything...I got charged a core charge on an air clearer housing...WTF... I even got a core charge on a pitman arm... I mean its only a buck or two but they know that most people don't have a core on stupid stuff like that... I mean what are they going to do with a pitman arm broken in half? or a broken birf... They make you think your getting a good deal til' the core ya'

Sorry for the venting...:D

Not only do they charge a core charge they also charge an enviromental fee on everything as well so what every they charge you your also paying $2-3 more for the two extra fees!

O'neal

?????????
gijohn40 said:
Not only do they charge a core charge they also charge an enviromental fee on everything as well so what every they charge you your also paying $2-3 more for the two extra fees!
......And then dont forget you have to pay to get in and the fact they want to look into your toolbox comming and going,My tool box is pretty small and packed just before I leave with the bare minimum,just enough to get the job done for the part's I'm after.Like I can fit anything else in there,I'm suprised they dont pat ya down also:rofl: