pics

R

rockdog

ok, i got a nice digi camera for christmas. so can anyone explain in terms that a computer tard like me :ugh: can understand, how to post pics and maybe put em in my avitar? i know how to resize em. i'm totally clueless. so don't flame me to bad.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I'm a comptard too, so maybe I can help you LOL

First, read your instruction manual and figure out how to get a pic on your computer. I've got a MVDC Sony that burns a disc, so it's easy for me. Once you get the pic on the computer, and resized to the size you want it, save it to a folder on the desktop. (I'll assume you can do that if you resize a pic hehe).

Second, internet yerself and go to whatever image hosting site you use. I highly recommend imageshack, they're easy. If you use them, once you register and all that it's super simple to use them. They have a box where you browse for the location of your pics (in this case, they're in the folder on the desktop), select the pic, and then click "host it". It will upload your pic, and then give you a nice page full of URL's for different uses.

Third, now you've got your pic hosted somewhere online. All you have to do know is copy the URL for the image (they'll have that posted on your image page on the image host site), paste it to a message. Then either highlight the whole thing and click the image thing up there ^^^ or type
at the end. Preview your post, and you're good to go.

Avatars are the same, just resize the pic to the avatar size. I'm not sure if RME's program does that for you or not, I haven't given myself one yet. Some sites do, others YOU have to resize the pic.

hopefully this helps! Digital cameras rock. The one I got is bigger than I would like, but the fact that it does not use memory sticks is well worth the hassle. At the end of the day I've got a nicely burnt disc and no conversion trouble or cables or anything at all!

R

rockdog

Tacoma, Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try. Hope rme doesn't crash when i try. :rofl: I'm really pumped about having a nice camera. Takes stills and vid.