Pikes Peak ‘24

STAG

On my grind
I’m planning on spectating Pike’s Peak this year. I’m sure some of you have been before, but I never have. But I’m interested in checking it out.

June 23, 2024.

If you’ve been and have any insight, feel free to share.

If you are planning on going or could be interested, feel free to join.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I've been a few times. Absolute blast. Go a day early and scout areas. Spectator zones are very controlled/regulated and some are much better than others. We found a good spot that was in a decent dugway coming out of a turn that was cool. Bring a radio to listen to the broadcast if you're not close to a speaker pod.

DonH63

Make sure you get reservations if you want to drive to the top; otherwise, you'll park and be bussed up. If you have time and can afford it (pricey) the cog railway provides better views and everybody gets to see and hear the guides (I was always driving so missed a lot). Reservations fill up quickly. There are lots of other attractions in the area if you are here for a few days -- Cripple Creek, which also has a short train ride and cool mine tour, Cave of the Winds, Manitou Cliff Dwellings, etc. And of course stuff in the Springs, like the WWII Aviation Museum, Olympic Center, etc. Lots of offroading in the area, natch!