Pinnacle Price

CrawlerCraig

I have a group of 4 heading to Price saturday to run both pinnacle trails.

I will be towing a 35ft gooseneck and was wonding if someone will let me know how far in I can drive......I have never been there before and was counting on Google earth maps and a GPS to navigate for us.....

Is there a good parking spot that someone can tell me about and is there anything we should know about the area things to look for?

If anybody wants to tag along they are also welcome to come down.

Thanks

Sumo

Xykon: Order of the Stick
Love your avatar! I'd love to check out those trails but it sounds like a long, long day trip. Timpanogos was telling me that the Price trails rock!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
You will be able to tow into either trail head and have enough room to park.

Probably better to tow into Pinnacle I, run it and then make your way over to Pinn II. Once you get past the fairgrounds (or past the neighborhoods, depending on which way you go) you will be on maintained dirt roads, no problem towing to either trail head. I would join you guys, but my rig had an electrical meltdown last weekend.

great scott

I will second Shane's advice. Even in bad weather those roads should not give you to big of fit. By the way a lot of us Price/King Crawlers boys & girls will be at the Challenge park by 8am getting ready for camp 4X4. You should stop in and say hi, you can even drop trailer at the park and road out to the trail heads from there.

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
... I would join you guys, but my rig had an electrical meltdown last weekend.

Different than the meltdown on coyote? How long are you down for? I need/want to do the NPLD this coming sat, but would love to get back to price very soon.

erocrocks

oct 12 we will are planning on going to price in the morning, and then do pin I and II, and then continue on to moab, for the weeekend

anyone else like this idea

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Different than the meltdown on coyote? How long are you down for? I need/want to do the NPLD this coming sat, but would love to get back to price very soon.

Different, but related. Took out my ignition module and my TCU. First time since I've built it (4 years) that it's been down and out of order. :(

No idea how long it will be until I find every problem. Could be a while.

Sumo

Xykon: Order of the Stick
oct 12 we will are planning on going to price in the morning, and then do pin I and II, and then continue on to moab, for the weeekend

anyone else like this idea

Well yeah, Eric, that idea rocks! How long are you going to be in Moab?

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
Different, but related. Took out my ignition module and my TCU. First time since I've built it (4 years) that it's been down and out of order. :(

No idea how long it will be until I find every problem. Could be a while.

That really sucks! Sorry to hear that.

CrawlerCraig

I little trip report::

we found both pin 1 and 2 and even a little snow at the end of the day! We were able to get a full size J-10 threw the trash compactor!!! with only about a inch to spare but no body damage!!

A big thanks to Dixon for showing us around down there!! Thank You

CrawlerCraig

some pics!

Attachments

• IMG_1329 Large Web view.jpg
    IMG_1329 Large Web view.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1331 Large Web view.jpg
    IMG_1331 Large Web view.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1334 Large Web view.jpg
    IMG_1334 Large Web view.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1335 Large Web view.jpg
    IMG_1335 Large Web view.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1336 Large Web view.jpg
    IMG_1336 Large Web view.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1341 Large Web view.jpg
    IMG_1341 Large Web view.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1347 Large Web view.jpg
    IMG_1347 Large Web view.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1346 Large Web view.jpg
    IMG_1346 Large Web view.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 16

erocrocks

anyone else going this friday?

i will be heading down with about 5 other rigs i think, 9am at the chevron in spanish fork by thte mouth of canyon, any takers?