pipe benders!!

AINT SKEERED

Balls to the Walls
Pipe and tube are measured differently. One is by outside diameter the other by inside diameter, cant remember which is which right now. So if you try to bend tube in a pipe bender it will crush.

Caleb

if you intend to use pipe then go for it, for tube it doesn't do a very good job.

Tube is outside diameter, pipe is inside diameter.

Ohms

'Poser Wheeler
First of it's not a pipe bender it's a pipe KINKER...
Second...The only thing I trust pipe to do is send my little turds down to wherever they go....
Third....well...PIPE

'Nuff said

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
What's wrong with pipe?

Broncoman said:
I have one and use it all the time but the dies are junk. I had new dies made and it works just fine
Broncoman built my cage and fenders out of pipe, and I have no complaints about it at all.

487796881qowPQp_ph.jpg

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Pipe is different than Tube, we all know that... but Pipe as used in the HF bender (Sch40) is NOT poo pipe, I can't figure out for the life of me why people keep using that connotation??

Has anyone ever looked at the strength numbers of sch40 versus DOM or HREW? You would be surprised ;), and yes DOM is much lighter than Sch40 (which happens to be its main advantage).

I know alot of people that have built compete cages out of sch40, HF benders, etc (Olly, Tracy Evans for example), they rolled more than the average and the cages did hold up fine...

Sure some may argue "if your going to do it, do it right...". I want to know who is actually heat treating their 4130 cages post TIG'n the joints... ;)

wr250

insert lame comment
i used 1.5" sch40 handrail pipe. this is HREW rolled to 1.5" pipe spec. it is approved for structural steel use.

Caleb

cruiseroutfit said:
Pipe is different than Tube, we all know that... but Pipe as used in the HF bender (Sch40) is NOT poo pipe, I can't figure out for the life of me why people keep using that connotation??

Has anyone ever looked at the strength numbers of sch40 versus DOM or HREW? You would be surprised ;), and yes DOM is much lighter than Sch40 (which happens to be its main advantage).

I know alot of people that have built compete cages out of sch40, HF benders, etc (Olly, Tracy Evans for example), they rolled more than the average and the cages did hold up fine...

Sure some may argue "if your going to do it, do it right...". I want to know who is actually heat treating their 4130 cages post TIG'n the joints... ;)
exactly, its funny people complain about pipe but most have never looked at the numbers. Search PBB, I know all the numbers have been posted, it'd surprise you ;)

Personal preference is to use tube (HREW or DOM), but its just a personal preference. :)