PITA MORE motor mount lift

Brad Yates

airwalks are cool
tomorrow will be my 4th day of working on this freakin 1" motor mount lift! this first problem was that the driver side through bolt was blocked from being pulled out by the corner of my A/C compressor. well that took 2 days to fix - ended up using my handy dremel, 150 feet of extension cord (working in the parking lot of my dorms), and an hour of grinding the head of the bolt. Then the passenger side motor tab was contacting the frame so i dremeled a good portion of that off. now the passenger motor mount is STUCK. only the underside bolt is in place but i can't get to it because of that one bolt holding the tab to the engine. ARGH i hate this thing. so if i ever get that mount unstuck my question is... is there any more fabrication i need to do to install these new motor mounts? or do i just need to get the engine aligned correctly to match up with the new mounts?

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
I did some for my toyota and all I had to do was get a long screw driver and go threw the new lift mount holes and the existing motor mount holes and pry them together when the motor was being dropped. It helped cuz the mounts didn't sit right otherwise, and I couldn't get the bolts in.
In otherwords thats a hint and it sucks :)

Last edited:

sukaB

Banned
Yup....
All that work and i could have done it for you and saved you the headaches....
One side at a time..........
What motor mounts you using, and how much you pay, and where did you get them???

Brad Yates

airwalks are cool
i'm using the M.O.R.E. torsion rubber motor mounts that add 1" of lift. i paid $100 and bought them straight from M.O.R.E.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Yup, they're a pain in the ass. I had to grind away some of my drivers side mount to keep it from touching something. Don't remember what it was touching any more, maybe the frame, maybe the MORE mount. If I remember right the passenger side went on smoothly. But FOUR DAYS? Dayum...

sukaB

Banned
I've put on around 35 of those more setup's and I've never had one touch or run into any problems yet....

Brad Yates

airwalks are cool
i have conquered the beast! muhahaha... so anyway... did anyone ever have problems with the transmission shifter? my shifter has sunk a bit so it's really hard to get into 2nd 4th and reverse. (i do not have transfercase drop spacers) and is the steering bracket thing necessary? i'll be addressing all the little stuff tomorrow.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I didn't have to change anything in the steering or shifters. Just put on the motor mounts and the flat skid.