Pittsburg Lake

Samersen

Has anyone hiked up to Pittsburgh Lake? My wife and I are thinking of camping up there Friday night, what are peoples thoughts are their better places that are more remote? We are driving through from Wasatch State Park and then up past the Rock Garden.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...buhY-Q&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=dme&mrsp=1&sz=18&z=16

Any thoughts? Anything special the take besides bug spray? :) Also if anyone wants to join we would love it, we are going to back up and drive up to Forest Lake.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Yes. It is a great hike, nothing super strenuous but it definitely gets you away from the majority of the masses. They do stock the lake from time to time though I have never fished it.

sixstringsteve

...nothing super strenuous...

unless you're out of shape like me. :) I was out of breath a few times. It's quite steep. Here's a video from when we hiked it last year (hike starts at 5:39).

[video=youtube;H66flcfX0IE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H66flcfX0IE[/video]

I think lake Hardy is a better place and more remote, but it's a 4-5 hr hike one way rather than a 1-2 hr hike one way.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I've hiked it... even drove it a few times, many years ago!

I took a date up there (again, years ago) on a hike and we fished... small trout, but it was fun.

You'd better be in good shape, it's steep and long enough that it will wear you out.

DewYota

I've made the trip once, it seemed steep to me too. especially with a pack and sleeping bag. Nice video steve, i really enjoyed that :)

lewis

Fight Till You Die
my 4 year old and 6 year old hiked it twice. easy easy hike. the fish in there are browns but wouldn't make meal. also the second oldest tree in the state its up there, amazing limber pine over 2000 yrs old, do some research and you can get directions our GPS coordinates to find it.

ZUKEYPR

Hiking it nice, relatively easy. Leaving your vehicle at the trailhead for an overnighter....bad idea. Vehicles get vandalized all the time in that canyon. It's probably the worst canyon to leave a vehicle unattended in northern Utah.

Samersen

Hiking it nice, relatively easy. Leaving your vehicle at the trailhead for an overnighter....bad idea. Vehicles get vandalized all the time in that canyon. It's probably the worst canyon to leave a vehicle unattended in northern Utah.

Is there a better place to camp where we won't be get covered in dust from passer Byers? Has anyone camped in wasatch state park or near pole line pass?