Places to weigh vehicles?

TEAM FRED

List any known places to weigh your rig in the davis county area. Or anywhere for that matter.
I know there is a place on center street in NSL but it is like $5 per weigh.
I need total weight plus front only and rear only.
Thanks in advance

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
The NSL-Center Street location sounds great, even for $5. I thought the closest one was Flying J on 21st and 9th West? I'm assuming the NSL one is west of the freeway somewhere?

Corban_White

I always go to a place on pioneer rd just south of California ave. The scale readout is in plain sight and it is always on. After hours or on the weekend you can just drive on and take a look.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=I-215+S&daddr=40.737789,-111.957078&geocode=FRvdbQIdOMtT-Q%3BFf2bbQIdqqtT-Q&hl=en&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=15&sll=40.746249,-111.950169&sspn=0.022922,0.038409&ie=UTF8&z=15

This map will get you to the driveway. It is on the north side of the road. Turn into the parking lot and you will see the scale.

(I used to work there-that is how I know about the scale. I quite often use it on the weekend to weigh vehicles)

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
Any gravel pit would probably let you pull on the scales. Geneva Rock, Lake Point, Staker, you name it. That's where we always go.

TEAM FRED

Thanks everyone. I got it done today at the sinclair station that I refered to first. It is located on 2600 instead of center.
Anyway Fred came out to 3960 total. 2260 up front and 1700 on the rear axle.
Now if I can sell some tires I'll order the coilovers and bypass shocks!!

Brad J

I always go to a place on pioneer rd just south of California ave. The scale readout is in plain sight and it is always on. After hours or on the weekend you can just drive on and take a look.

This map will get you to the driveway. It is on the north side of the road. Turn into the parking lot and you will see the scale.

(I used to work there-that is how I know about the scale. I quite often use it on the weekend to weigh vehicles)

Thank you Corban, I went there tonight & finally weighed my Scout. Looks like I'm in the market for a bigger trailer. Its 6240 with me (200lbs) in it:eek:

Last edited:

Brad J

Thanks everyone. I got it done today at the sinclair station that I refered to first. It is located on 2600 instead of center.
Anyway Fred came out to 3960 total. 2260 up front and 1700 on the rear axle.
Now if I can sell some tires I'll order the coilovers and bypass shocks!!

Where is this Sinclair? I bet I'm a stones throw from it. Do you mean Pioneer Gas on Center & 2600 So/1100 No?

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
corban, is the scale you are talking about in the first parking lot(the one directly North of the marker on the map) on that street or the second?

Corban_White

Directly north of the marker on the map. If you hit satellite on google maps and zoom in you will see a blue semi with a white trailer. It is parked on the scale.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
so i went there today and there was a truck pretty much camping out and another guy in line so i bailed and went to wasatch metal cause i've done it there for free before and they wanted to charge me $5!!! so yeah i'll have to find somewhere else in SLC to get it done

Brad J

so i went there today and there was a truck pretty much camping out and another guy in line so i bailed .....

Yeah, that scale is pretty busy during the day. Go after hours or on the weekend and there is no one around.

Same thing happened to me. I went down the street to Komatsu & waited a few minutes & saw the truck pass by & ran there. I was nervous unhitching the trailer with the Scout on it to get their combined weight but no one came by. I went at 7PM.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Anyone know of a place to weigh in Northern UT county? I'd rather pay a few $ then drive 50 miles :D

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
We drive over the port of entry scales on hwy 6 on the way to moab. When the place is closed they usually leave the scales on :)