plasma cutters are the worst!

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Just kidding. I fired mine up last night and started making a bumper. It is amazazing. I can't believe how fast and nice it cuts. I guess the first couple of cuts were not as good, but I got better. It is just a cheap one, but still does great. My favorite part was that when I was done I didn't have three pounds of metal boogers to cleanout of my shnoz. Why didn't I buy one sooner? If you don't have one, and have been wondering then don't wonder and buy it. (what the infomercial, don't worry I don't sell them) Anyway it is rambling and lame, but I am pumped!!!

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I have been wanting one for a whlie now

What kind is it
how thick will it cut
Most Important how $$$$

Brand: parker metal (some other off road forum has then in the vendor section) PBB
How Thick: It is dual voltage on 110 sever 1/2 inch cut 1/4. On 220 sever 1 inch cut 1/2 inch. Last night I was cutting 3/16 and it was slower but cut nice. Still faster than oxy-acetylene
Money: 414 shipped to my door. I got the scratch and dent which saved 50 bucks. I also upgraded to the turbo option which bumps it from 40 to 50 amps.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Sounds like the same model I have (PT40), but I didn't spring for the turbo. $399 plus the shipping-raping, I was still well under $500 and I love mine too. I got mine directly from Parker.

Badbuggy

rock star
At least get a dust mask. Plasmas are the worst for putting metal in the air, and it settles in your lungs. Your new plasma machine may outlive you.

Congrats on the new machine. You will like it even more as time goes on.

Badbuggy

rock star
I built a water trap for my flat work. and use a dust mask, or respirator when cutting most anything else. They are not good for you.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
At least get a dust mask. Plasmas are the worst for putting metal in the air, and it settles in your lungs. Your new plasma machine may outlive you.

Congrats on the new machine. You will like it even more as time goes on.

I will wear a mask. Never thought of the air thing.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Sounds like the same model I have (PT40), but I didn't spring for the turbo. $399 plus the shipping-raping, I was still well under $500 and I love mine too. I got mine directly from Parker.

got mine straight from parker as well. Nice guys willing to talk to you on the phone for as long as it takes. I bought the scratch and dent. When I was debating if I wanted the turbo he said he would split the difference with me so it was only 25 to upgrade.

Bucking Bronco

Just ordered mine

I was going to spring for a miller but when I decided I would probably only use it a few times a year and I read all the good reviews on the parker i decided to give it a try.