Plasma vs. LCD

PolarXJ

HO-P
I'm curious on people's opinion. Which one is better? Or if they are pretty much equal, what are the pros and cons? I don't watch TV much, but I do like to watch movies. So my 15 inch TV is getting old.

Seth

These go to 11
"If you're in the market for a big screen television -- and we're talking 42-inches and above -- then we'd suggest plasma as a safe bet. Plasmas give you more bang for your buck at the big end of town, and while LCDs can give you better resolution, the price difference is currently too wide. However, if money's not an issue and you want the sharpest image in town, then a large LCD is for you. At the smaller end of things (15" to 36" TVs), LCD is the only way to go if you want something slim and tasteful. And the best thing is that LCDs are getting cheaper all the time."

C-Net, and I would agree.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Right on the money.

Do a search for Vizio, they are the new brand on the block and are getting some good reviews. They sell LCD and plasma at really competetive prices with a lot of good options like multiple HDMI inputs for your higher end HD componentry.