Poison Springs Canyon

iceaxe

Backroad Adventurer
I'm planning a Maze trip. This Poison Springs Canyon/ Sunset Pass trail on my map has me captivated. It will be part of the trip in some form based on the weather cooperating. I'm guessing several on here have been there. I'd like to know who has run it before, what it was like, do you have any photos, anything you can share would be great.

Rick B

S.E. Utah Native
You could drive a car on all of it from Sunset Pass to the highway except for the river crossing 2 years ago. There is a fair amount of old mining history to be seen in the canyon. Like the Maze district, other travelers are few & far between. Sorry I don't have any photos to share, but I highly recommend camping at the river if you can.

Rick B

S.E. Utah Native
It was hub deep on my Bronco then, but had about a 2 foot drop into the river. The water was really muddy with the beginnigs of spring runoff (April 2004), so it was impossible to tell how deep it was until I was in it.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
My dad has a bunch of old photo's from when they were out in that area....I think there's even a few with them crossing the river. If I recall, it was almost to the floor boards on his FJ-55 in those pics......though, this was back in the early 80's ;)