Poison spyder stinger bumpers

Xploderkid97

Does any one know if the poison spyder front stingers are street legal in utah? My fear would be that they are not wide enough, and the stinger itself blocks the lights but would really like to set my jeep up with one. Is it worth it? or does anyone recommend going a different direction.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Not sure what bumper you are thinking about, but I am going to guess this one

https://www.spydercustoms.com/Crawler/Trail_Stinger/Atrax_LG.jpg

Here is Utah law concerning bumpers:

41-6a-1632. Bumpers.

(1) A motor vehicle shall be equipped with a bumper on both front and rear of the motor vehicle, except a motor vehicle that was not originally designed or manufactured with a bumper or bumpers.
(2) (a) On a motor vehicle required to have bumpers under Subsection (1), a bumper shall be:
(i) at least 4.5 inches in vertical height;
(ii) centered on the vehicle's center line; and
(iii) extend no less than the width of the respective wheel track distance.
(b) A bumper shall be securely mounted, horizontal load bearing, and attached to the motor vehicle's frame to effectively transfer impact when engaged.
(3) If a motor vehicle is originally or later equipped with a bumper, the bumper shall:
(a) be maintained in operational condition; and
(b) comply with this section.

So technically because of 2 A iii they are not legal because they are not wide enough.

Xploderkid97

that was what i was thinking too. I wish they were cause i like the look and the protection, but maybe i will look into other things, or just bolt it back on every safety:D