Port Job

Get Me wired

got issues?
Unless your trying to get the thing to turn 8K rpm don't waste your money. If you really want it done do it your self. Get out your die grinder and match the ports to the gaskets and clean up the casting marks.

The people that have the equipment and the talent don't waste their time with sock castings.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Yeah, I am not trying to get it to turn 8K....just trying to get some more power out of the ol' mill. I figured that a port job wouldn't hurt it. Just trying to find some good ways to turn more power out of this motor without blowing it up.

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
If you don't know what you are doing a port job can hurt power quite a bit. Give Clifford(6=8=$$$$) a call if you want but I don't think there is much to be gained.

rustybronco

Flat Land Offroader
Strasburg Automotive Machine

phone # = 785-2753

468 N 1200 W
Lindon (Pleasant Grove)

They've done a LOT of 4.0's and specialize in getting power out of stuff. Probably not the cheapest but the very best in my book. Tell em the "Shipton's" sent ya.

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
problem is, porting the head really effects torque. Its more of a mod for high RPMs (horsepower) but HP isn't what ya want in a wheeler. Its torque.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Well, not looking for lots of HP....just a better engine all around. I'll probably get a new cam shaft to handle the grunt end.

Tired right now...so I dunno what else to say...lol