Portable Camp Shower

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Who has one of those camp showers that are portable? Runs on propane.

Looking at one of these to use on trek in August to help with the food stuff. Food prep, cleaning dishes and mess kits, etc.

I searched back and saw people mention Zodi and Camp Chef but a few links were dead.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
@Greg has an AWESOME setup he used on the Rubicon. Zodi hot water shower. Looking at models available, his would be most like the Extreme SC.

In the years since, the hot water shower has only grown in importance and stature in my memory. I've considered buying one if I spent any real time camping. (now that I have a "camping rig" in a JT, maybe that's a thing? Maybe not?)

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member

That Zodi was WAY slick compared to the Camp Chef unit.

$200 for a unit like Zodi is pretty tempting. For how refreshing it was, I would have probably paid $25-30 for a warm shower at that point :D I see a business opportunity for campers like me? Running around the Swell offering showers for a fee?

@Greg , did you just have this strapped to your roof rack for the Rubicon? I'm thinking I could just weld a couple brackets on my roof top tent rack for the cannister (fire extinguisher type work?) and some kind of strapped securement for the "stove" piece.

DAA

I have a Zodi. Used it twice, novelty wore off, never used it again. But it is kind of luxurious, now that I remember back on it. Been ten years since I used it. I'm wanting to say I did something with adding a better pump and hose arrangement to it or something like that, but it's been so long ago I don't really remember.

- DAA

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I have a nemo shower thing you can pump up after filling with warm water. They are wanting "on demand" hot water not for showers but for cleaning. I think to limit the amount of trash we have to pack out we're going to try and have everyone clean their own plates and whatnot rather than use disposable stuff. We're going to Rocky Ridge.

DAA

My buddy Steve carries metal camp plates and silverware. I'm a paper plates and plastic forks guy. But he likes the reusable stuff. Never use any water to clean them though, all we ever use is spray away glass cleaner and blue paper towels. Gets that silverware and those porcelain coated metal plates shiny clean in a jiffy.

Camping dish washer

- DAA

comingdown

You’d think with billions of dollars the church would have some hot water showers available to every ward for trek. I’m sure all of these are in the budgets. Or you could buy whatever you want and turn in a receipt and be good.

DesertRam

My buddy Steve carries metal camp plates and silverware. I'm a paper plates and plastic forks guy. But he likes the reusable stuff. Never use any water to clean them though, all we ever use is spray away glass cleaner and blue paper towels. Gets that silverware and those porcelain coated metal plates shiny clean in a jiffy.

Camping dish washer

- DAA
Okay, I'm going to steal that idea for the Scout troop. Let's see how many parents freak about kids eating glass cleaner. :) Window licker anyone?