Portable welder...

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Anyone know who makes this...

Its a portable welder, not an onboard unit, but looks alot like a battery booster pack that you can buy at AutoZone, etc. It has a small spool gun attatched and can be used to do small field repair welds and such. Any help would be appreciated...

Oh yeah, a search yeilds nothing...:D

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Originally posted by cruiseroutfit
Anyone know who makes this...

Its a portable welder, not an onboard unit, but looks alot like a battery booster pack that you can buy at AutoZone, etc. It has a small spool gun attatched and can be used to do small field repair welds and such. Any help would be appreciated...

Oh yeah, a search yeilds nothing...:D

Thinking of how you could have welded that axle,,:)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by Shawn

Thinking of how you could have welded that axle,,:)

hahaha...no not really, I've got a couple more of them on the way and also another spare front. I honestly don't think that will ever happen again, especially with the top and doors off and a traction bar from Rocklogic :D

The welder is for a freind, he is actaully an underwater dive-welder but wants a porta-welder for some little project of his. I am still planning on doing a onboard setup on my rig... I have it all set up, dual batteries, wired with the Wrangler powere products switch... now all I need is the welder...:D

Caleb

Originally posted by cruiseroutfit

wired with the Wrangler powere products switch...

How much does this set you back...If I remember it was pretty pricey...but I am seeing a lot of guys running it???

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by supergper
century I believe makes one...I will see if I can find it...

before I unsubbed to all my mags, one of them did a test on the century unit and they liked it. obviously it ran a flux core wire and would weld a bead around 24" long on a charge. they show up at a surplus refurbishing store up in north ogden on occasion but I have never really needed onboard welders so I never scraped together the couple hundred bucks...seems like a nice unit though.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
How much does this set you back...If I remember it was pretty pricey...but I am seeing a lot of guys running it???

Mine was free, had it sitting on the shelf at the shop, In fact I have another complete one kicking around... used but usable...

Mine works really sweet, I have my main system hooked up to my Optima red, and the winch hooked up to the yellow top. When I went to use my winch yesterday, I had forgotten to charge up the yellow top from the last time I used it. So what do I do, flip on the switch and it pulls power from both batteries. On the remainder of the trip, I flip the switch to charge the yellow top... works great :D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
how much do you want for the other "used" one...pm me if you want...thanks

I will pull it out and double check that everything is there. I beleive that the only thing wrong is one of the terminals is broken off the solenoid, but that can be purchased at any car stereo place and probably cheaper eleswhere...

I'll get back with you...;)