Post TBU Rally AFC Run

scrogg

Enjoying the Drive
I hooked up with YOUKNOW here on RME and we went up American Fork Canyon after the Take Back Utah Rally.

We got started at about 4:00 pm and proceeeded up to Forest Lake. Hung out there for a while and had some chips and salsa. A storm blew in after we had been there for a bit. Didn't see any lightning but there was some pretty good thunder. As it started to rain we decided to head back down before the weather got to bad.

The wetness adds a whole difficulty/entertainment factor to the trail. You can't just climb up and over the rocks as you did when they were dry (as if none of y'all didn't know that). We pass a family that was hiking down the trail in the rain. They seemed pretty content to keep on trudging. They even kept up with us for the most part.

After Forest Lake we decided to head up and check out the rock garden on Mineral Basin. When we got there there was an Exterra that was a good distance into it and working it's way to turning around. We both took a turn running in the rock garden and then headed out.

I didn't get a whole lot of picture, or at least decent ones and a couple of short possibly lame vids but either way here they are:

photo-109.jpg

photo-110.jpg

photo-112.jpg

I really like the color of your Jeep YOUKNOW.

photo-111.jpg

photo-113.jpg

<--VIDEO

<--VIDEO

Last edited:

YOUKNOW

Nice, as soon as I got home from the trip I put my son to bed, and headed straight for the hospital. I'll be home tomorrow to post up the pics that I have. I have a video as well and some pics that I can share.

YOUKNOW

I had an awesome time meeting scrogg and running the Forest Lake trail and some of Mineral Basin as well.

It was really nice to run this trail. It wasn't that crowded as well. When the rain came down, it made for an interesting experience. I made it past the little rock garden to the left side on the way up when the rocks where dry. On the way down I tried the same line, but got spit out to the side and had to have some assistance from my high center moment. It got really slippery with the rain storm that passed over us.

IMAG0231-1.jpg

We decided to head up to Mineral Basin to see what other trouble we could get into. The exterra that we saw was sitting in the easy line, so I had to try something different. I ended up getting high centered again and pulled out.

On the way down from Mineral Basin.

DSCN1120.jpg

DSCN1121.jpg

Anyone want to guess what this was?

DSCN1118.jpg

DSCN1119.jpg

I had a blast and look forward to the next trail ride. Maybe next time we can have some pie iron fun!