Potato Salad. Time to close it?

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Is it time to close potato salad?

I say yes. It is a black eye on the sport attracting a lot of crap. It is fun and all but it Always gets trashed and people always litter to high HELL there.

talk to me people....

demon jeep

Banned
I agree we were there on Sat. and it was like jerry springer show. People were telling girls to take off there tops and the sluts were doing it. then when a jeep rolled people were getting hurt just from running over each other. It is fun when there is only a few but when you have to park 1/2 mile a way a say forget it.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
I've never been there but i've seen video and I willnever go there when a ton of people are there. In one of the video some guy was starting to jump around at the top and a ton of beer bottles fell out of his rig. Man They need to regilate it some how. But what do I know.

shlingdawg

Moose
Originally posted by SRN
I say keep it open. My reason? If its closed these people will find another place (or worse, places) to screw up. At least this way it's confined here

And near the dump, so the litter doesn't have too far to go. :cool: :rolleyes:

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
the "containment" is a very valid point. Keeping the morons all in one place is a good idea...kind of like a nursery for drunken hillbillies.

don't get me wrong, I love to watch people tear up their junk but the impact these inconsiderate morons have on the littering scene is astronomical!!

I feel for whoever has to clean up all those beer cans and bottles....maybe they make a fortune on recycling....maybe not...:)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by SRN
I say keep it open. My reason? If its closed these people will find another place (or worse, places) to screw up. At least this way it's confined here

Yup!

Let em' hang out there... :D

Its funny to hear "I was there and it was out of control... it needs to be closed..."

If that is case... stay away! Mabey you and all the others that don't like it will not go there, and therefore partially eliminate some of the parking problems as well as the crowd mentality of the entire area. Even being a quiet law abiding spectator at a place like that adds to the tension of the situation... you gicve drunks more people to impress and another person to stand in front of.... ;)

This year was the first in seven that I have not gone over to PSH or DB during the EJS... I'm fine without it but I have never feared for my life being there. I think it is a perfect place to let party people hang... God Bless em' :D

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
I would vote to keep it open. Unless you kill the idiots they will just go elsewhere I would hate to see them move over to Moab rim or another trail. It would be a good idea to have a sobrety checkpoint at the top of the hill. Once sombody makes it up they have to blow into the breathelizer and off to jail they go if they are DUI.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
open. but yes dui is a dui. if the guys seem drunk as hell (that is the problem after all) then check em. if law infocement was sitting there, I bet the scene would change dramatically. then the city makes money. Figure they have to drive back to camp after the hill. Then there driving next to me... :eek:

tom keyes

if you put the cops there then it will scare the drunks away to another place to destroy. We have our share of this stuff in Colorado which has lead to closing many trials due to only a few bad apples. I hate driving up to my old hunts only to find a new county gate and lock waiting for me due to dorks who can't handle their fun. Make the few who do get cought part of a weekender jail force to go out and clean up the mess that is left over. Maybe then they will pack it out as well as curb the drinking?
But hey what do I know. opinions are like buttholes. everyone has one and they all stink..............

grinch

inner city redneck
I say keep em open.... I would rather all the drunks stay there rather than start congragating to places like upper proving grounds where it could worsen problem....
Pluse I dont mind a boobie or 2 gettin flashed. If you have a problem with whats going on there just leave... You dont have to stay and subject yourself to things that make you uncomfertable.
Thats my 2cents worth.....

chevybiatch

Im with Grinch on this one.

I would think that if you put up a breathalizer right before you hit the roads to PS and BLB you would detour alot of the drunks, and hopefully make it so it was a cleaner place to go wheelin.