POW MIA CJ5

Zac001

so i have posted that i am making a POW MIA themed CJ5 to enter into car shows and parades to support the local POW MIA organization here in utah.

its underway as we speak i have ordered lots of parts and accessories i believe will make a clean yet unique take on this jeep.

i have one question that ive been yet to solve on my own and id like the opinions of anyone and everyone

the jeep is green and i was going to leave it green to connect it with the military.. however the only service thats known for green is Army and i dont want to make it service specific because POW MIA soldiers are made up of all cuts...

so this being said.. should i just keep it Green and have the military reference there or should i paint it black and keep it more true to the POW MIA logos?

heres pics of the jeep i dont want to lift it or over glorify it as a wheeler.. i just want to keep it as modest and sleek as possible.

if anyone has any other ideas that they think would be fitting of this jeeps intended nature i am totally open to any and all feedback, advice, opinions, whatever.....

Attachments

• army jeep 3.jpg
    army jeep 3.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Army jeep.jpg
    Army jeep.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 18

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I like the black idea but I think as long as you execute build to your "vision", most people will see where your intentions lie. I like the current dark green color and think what you have could work. There will always be a few that won't like what you've done but I support your vision and am interested to see you finish the project. Good luck and thanks for making people think about those that sacrifice for all of us

Last edited:

rondo

rondo
being a vet and a purist, I think only a prior military vehicle should be 'restored' or 'preserved' with OD green year specific paint if its represented a such. If this is really a CJ5 not a M38A1 then maybe black and white which is themed toward the POW flag.
I admire what you are wanting to accomplish by the way.

Zac001

ive decided to change it black. there is some body rust i have to address and then ill be off to the paintshop

also just got back from the upholstering shop... ordered the fabric for the front seats im not going to give any details til i show them.... but if it comes out how we talked.... its going to be quaint and subtle in a big way! lol