Power steering pump

TNT

Where is the best place to pick one up. I've called around town for a new or rebuilt one and it seems no one has them in stock. I want to get it done this weekend so ordering would be out of the question.
If I go to pick and pull what would be the best vehicle to scavange one from that would work with my existing brackets on the 304. I think that the 36's killed the AMC eagle one that I've had in there for the past 2 years.

Todd

TNT

Maybe I should just devise a way to pour power steering fluid into the pump from the cab, then I won't have to get out every few minutes to fill it ;)

Todd

TNT

I just checked out 4WD hardware's cataloge, and it list the same pump for the 258 as the 304. I guess that will give me a few more options. What else came with a 258?

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
That pump is a really common one. Apparently, the only difference between that one and any other Saginaw style pump is the bracketry that fits your engine. My friend with the jeep just had hydraulic assist put on his, so he may have his old pump for sale. I will know today after 4pm. Otherwise, he said any 3/4 to 1 ton Chev pump would fit, just put your brackets on it. Same pump I had on my Land cruiser(V8).

TNT

Cool, that should be easy enough to find. Let me know if his is up for sale though.

Todd

Caleb

yeah they should be the same and in fact if the reservior is different swap out your reservoir for the donor reservoir...make sense???:confused:

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
TNT, My buddy won't know if his pump is complete until Monday. His rig is at Factory Tubular and he doesn't know if they used parts of it for his hydraulic assist. If it's complete, it's for sale. Might be easier to salvage one or talk to James K.