Price Trail Report - Gauntlet -

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
This trail is actually a spur drainage wash that flows into another trail we call "White Wash". It seems to change quite a bit every time we go up it. This time the first obstacle that I call 'the squeeze' had been eroded out and wasn't as steep and narrow as before. It used to be a guaranteed body damage obstacle, but that has changed. The first water fall lost its undercut edge and was easier this year. The third water fall had been filled in with dirt from moving water and was almost gone. It is still a good trail. A lot harder for full-sizes in the first two sqeezes though.

Attachments

• dscf0019.jpg
    dscf0019.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 92

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
The walls of this first one have been worn down. it used come really close to sheet metal before...

Attachments

• dscf0020.jpg
    dscf0020.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 92

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
IH Scout coming through squeeze #1. Those are 42" swampers on there too. :D

Attachments

• dscf0024.jpg
    dscf0024.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 88

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Me comming up the first water fall. This thing used to have rock sticking out on the left side that would catch rockers panels every once in a while. Somebody either broke it off with a hammer, or the weather got the best of it.

Attachments

• dscf0047.jpg
    dscf0047.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 89

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Scout coming up the water fall. (yeah, he has a sweet cage in the works... almost rolled it today with a cage too. That was scary. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• dscf0053.jpg
    dscf0053.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 85

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
and the yota goes up it... it then ties back into the main wash from there. We used to rate this trail at about 4+, I think now just a plain 4 is more fitting. The pictures don't do much of it justice.

The white wash trail is probably rated around 3.5 or so... Not much to it.

Attachments

• dscf0061.jpg
    dscf0061.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 80

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Originally posted by 94rodeo
Man, you didn't call me???? That is ok. I am having track bar issues right now anyway.

Troy

It was one of those trail runs that wasn't planned. We just decided to run it when we got off work yesterday.

What is up with track bars lately? I busted mine in Moab and had to have it welded back up at Moab Offroad, while I was there another guy came in with a broken one... must be the broken track bar month.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Originally posted by spencurai
that still looks like a lot of fun!! erosion can go both ways I guess!!

It was fun. We hadn't ran the trail for over a year. We have quite a few wash trails with some good boulder sections... It's just that the boulders are always in different positions when we go up them. :D