Priorities

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
It was a work trip, gotta be where the customers are... and when 200+ Land Cruisers are in Moab for the weekend its not a tough sell :D We did have an excellent time, ran trails Thursday & Friday in Moab and then spent Saturday and Sunday in the Swell with a huge group of friends. I'm really going to have to put the reigns on my trips the remainder of the year, I've got some vehicle projects I need to address and some work on the house that needs doing. This last weekend marked my 6th Swell trip for 2008, I think thats enough for the spring :D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Never!

That sure was a rowdy camp :D

While they were insanely wild and partied well into the morning... I was more than impressed with their overall outdoor ethic. Individual camps were spread out, there were a handful of smaller fires instead of one HUGE one. No pallets or spools... and come morning everything was already cleaned up. Neat!

Meat_

Banned
While they were insanely wild and partied well into the morning... I was more than impressed with their overall outdoor ethic. Individual camps were spread out, there were a handful of smaller fires instead of one HUGE one. No pallets or spools... and come morning everything was already cleaned up. Neat!

Most defiantly, I can't remember seeing any garbage and I didn't see anyone doing anything stupid.... well other than Sandy trying to beat the other dogs and taking a frisbee full of dirt in the face :rofl:

Bodine

One Call That's All
overall outdoor ethic

Thats really good to hear. I was camped at the head of RS during the Summit Machine run and it took me 2 hours to clean up the camp spot after somebody partied there, So its refreshing to hear there is some responsibility/accountability out there.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
nope, I remember kurt had a german shephard, just didn't know her name

Good memory. Her name is Jada, but she was with my wife whom had left the day earlier for home. You may have met Sandy, the most dangerous thing on her is the tail :D

Floppy Hat, I'm not hard to spot... with the trailer in tow and hills, I'm never moving too fast :D Especially this trip, I weighed in at 7400 lbs, that alot of weight for an old inline 6 :eek:

Floppy Hat

mbryson's hairdresser
Floppy Hat, I'm not hard to spot... with the trailer in tow and hills, I'm never moving too fast :D Especially this trip, I weighed in at 7400 lbs, that alot of weight for an old inline 6 :eek:

Funny you should mention that...when I got to work one of the first things I did was look at the thread about your FJ-40 in the featured rigs section to verify which engine you had...;)

Sounds like a great trip...regardless of speed...

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
i wonder how that 7400lbs compairs against the trailer loaded with 20' fence poles wheeling up the mountain.. ?? good times either way ;)

stout cruiser for sure

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Yeah, he lives here and talks about you ALL the time. He hails you as the god of Land Cruisers. It's really funny because your name is mentioned in nearly every conversation about Cruisers and his build. You're a popular fella in these here parts....:rofl:

The more I think about it his name does sound really familiar. I bet he hangs out on some of the Land Cruiser forums under a different screen name... turns out he's probably someone I talk to all the time (keep in mind I often forget my own name :D). Regardless, tell him I said hello... tell him to join RME and post some pics of his 40 too :cool:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
i wonder how that 7400lbs compairs against the trailer loaded with 20' fence poles wheeling up the mountain.. ?? good times either way ;)...

That my friend was a serious amount of load... guaranteed more than 7400. However I wasn't trying to pull that up Spanish Fork Canyon :D

As much as I knock on the old ox it moves along just fine on the highway. Spanish Fork is a 45-55 mile deal up the grades... but oh well. I've got a kick but motor sitting in the corner of my garage I had initially considered swapping in... but with the cost of diesel and the initial cost of the swap, I would have to do some serious trips for this to ever pay off. We'll see... for now she'll stay with the inline, mabey get a TBI or MPI setup in the future?

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
That my friend was a serious amount of load... guaranteed more than 7400. However I wasn't trying to pull that up Spanish Fork Canyon :D

As much as I knock on the old ox it moves along just fine on the highway. Spanish Fork is a 45-55 mile deal up the grades... but oh well. I've got a kick but motor sitting in the corner of my garage I had initially considered swapping in... but with the cost of diesel and the initial cost of the swap, I would have to do some serious trips for this to ever pay off. We'll see... for now she'll stay with the inline, mabey get a TBI or MPI setup in the future?

Didn't spunky do his TBI with some custom carbon fiber work he rigged up at the shop he was working at at the time? Wort's gonnna work for that company soon, Composite something or other..

.. maybe i'm all mixed up... :)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Didn't spunky do his TBI with some custom carbon fiber work he rigged up at the shop he was working at at the time? Wort's gonnna work for that company soon, Composite something or other..

Spunky did the TBI as part of an engineering 1010 class we took at SLCC. However it didn't use any carbon fiber components, aluminum. Neat Wort is gonna go work for them, Advanced Composites is the name. Really great guys. I was able to go out there with a couple other from our Baja team and form up a carbon fiber/fiberglass bucket seat for our race car. Very neat technology!