Pritchett Canyon RR4W Labor Day

surgeryturtle

RedRoxx
Saturday, September 5th. Our first day of the Red Rock Labor Day Campout was some fun on Pritchett Canyon. I haven’t been out to PC for a few months and was really looking forward to some fun. I was not dissapointed. I believe there were 12 rigs and 5 of those were made up of MFFW locals so it made a nice mix of veterens and newbies.
The brickyard is typically the first place to warm the tires and can be an indicator for how the day will go. This was a good group and we went through pretty quickly.

Next it was off to Chewy. We were behind a small group that struggled for a bit, causing some delays but soon, it was our turn and off we went.

Dee is a great lady from Colorado and she is having a blast conquering all the obstacles on Pritchett. Her little Rubicon held its own and her driving skills were apparent. If she was scared, she never showed it.

After a quick lunch, we went over to Rocker-Knocker. I believe almost everyone drove this obstacle successfully. Gary Lee was up and over quickly.

Rocker-Knocker

More Rocker-Knocker

Jim on Rocker-Knocker

Katrina on Axle Hill Part 1

And Part 2

Susan on Axle Hill, her name sake

Tippy action on Axle Hill

Nice poser shot, Axle hill

Jim walking the wall….danger, danger…..Axle Hill

Big old Rock Pile…..too big for a 4 door JK with 35″ tires.

Yep, too big for this 4 door too.

Gary Lee’s got the right wheelbase and experience….

What Rock Pile?

surgeryturtle

RedRoxx

Sometimes a V8 can be too much.

Jim shows how to do Son of Rockpile

Stuck on Yellow Hill? Not with a girl driver!

Hurrah! At the end…..now for some Hunter Canyon action.

There’s a pretty big rock just in front of you….Oops!

Look at that articulation!

White Knuckle Hill time!! Try Gary Lee!

Smoke ‘em if you’ve got ‘em.

Yee-haw, White Knuckle is mean to the boys!
Easy for the girls…..well, one girl anyhow. I don’t think anyone got a photo of me…..

Down Hummer Hill and home again, home again….

See ya on the trail!!
Melissa

CJ Matt

Thanks for another great report. You always get great pics and and do a good job with the write-ups.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Gary's wheelbase is around 104 to 105".

That's what I'm at as of last weekend. :D I'm excited to see if an extra 2" will make much difference. I mostly moved the axle for clearance purposes so that will be extra bonus.

I used to be 103, but I've never had a problem on rockpile. Even my old XJ at 101 would climb it if I took time to find the right line.

Great report!

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
That's what I'm at as of last weekend. :D I'm excited to see if an extra 2" will make much difference. I mostly moved the axle for clearance purposes so that will be extra bonus.

I used to be 103, but I've never had a problem on rockpile. Even my old XJ at 101 would climb it if I took time to find the right line.

Great report!

Yeah, I'm at 102". I can do Rockpile okay, but last time on Whiteknuckle and Widowmaker I was denied. Whiteknuckle had zero rocks at the bottom, and Widowaker is getting just plain huge, so I don't feel too bad. But I am thinking about pushing the front out another 4" or so. (Of course, then the obstukles just get bigger, so it never ends!)

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
Im pretty sure I saw you guys down below us. we were at the top of PC having lunch & there was a group of about 4 or 5 rigs sitting at rok pile, then I could see a couple of samis on axle hill. that must have been you guys.
cool pics & nice report!

surgeryturtle

RedRoxx
Im pretty sure I saw you guys down below us. we were at the top of PC having lunch & there was a group of about 4 or 5 rigs sitting at rok pile, then I could see a couple of samis on axle hill. that must have been you guys.
cool pics & nice report!

Yep, we saw you guys up there. We passed the group having lunch at Rockpile. They went back down PC instead of going the long way round. We passed another group in Hunter Canyon that are on this forum, they were doing BTR trail. It was a fun day!

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
Yep, we saw you guys up there. We passed the group having lunch at Rockpile. They went back down PC instead of going the long way round. We passed another group in Hunter Canyon that are on this forum, they were doing BTR trail. It was a fun day!

You guys must not have been to far behind us. the guys that you passed in hunter cyn were playing on white knuckle when we got up to it.
I sure apriciate the efforts & work that you guys have put into PC, THANKS!!!

surgeryturtle

RedRoxx
You guys must not have been to far behind us. the guys that you passed in hunter cyn were playing on white knuckle when we got up to it.
I sure apriciate the efforts & work that you guys have put into PC, THANKS!!!

Yup, we picked up speed after the group split at the Hunter Canyon turn off. I was offered the lead spot and we flew along. The group that you saw at WKH, was just passing us at that tough little climb out of the canyon where you have to back up and pivot to come up.
Did you all get WKH or did you go around?

1995zj

I'm addicted
Yup, we picked up speed after the group split at the Hunter Canyon turn off. I was offered the lead spot and we flew along. The group that you saw at WKH, was just passing us at that tough little climb out of the canyon where you have to back up and pivot to come up.

I believe that was us that was playing on White Knuckle then passed you guys at that tough little climb. That was a good day....White Knuckle sure as gotten tough, but my ZJ was able to make it up :D

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak

Yeah, myself & the other yota (silver & white) climbed it. It was his first time through pritchet & white knuckle. My other buddy was in a scrambler & he ran out of gas on white knuckle, :rofl: so we pulled him up & the rubi.
The hill going up to WKH seems to keep deteriorating, I wonder if it will look like chewy in a couple years?