Pritchett Canyon with We Be Jeepin!

surgeryturtle

RedRoxx

Well, its Labor Day weekend and a group of 14 rigs showed up at the Pritchett Canyon trail head, ready for some We Be Jeepin' fun.

Yes, here’s the sign to prove that we’re really here. But, I’m also going to include pictures from the trail….stay tuned!

Here’s part of the line-up making their way down into the Brickyard obstacle.

This little buggy had a good time scouting the tougher line on the brickyard.

Next we arrive at Chewy. Everyone did really well on this obstacle today and found their way up without much trouble.

We had several JKs on the trail today as well.

Wow, look at that! A picture of the evil blogger!

Another JK on the trail. This is our buddy Scott and his first time on Pritchett! After everyone made it up Chewy successfully, we moved on through the boulder section between Chewy and Rocker Knocker. Dee seemed to have a bit of trouble and when she got to the top of the hill, said that her Jeep had made some terrible noises through the obstacle.

Yes indeed. The rusty spot in this photo is where a control arm bracket USED to be welded in place. The whole thing broke free…..

Causing the axle to shift slightly. Slightly? Wow, this looks like a job for Dirt Squirrel LLC.

The first step is to get the axle shifted back in place. Jacks are put under the Jeep and it’s lifted up. Then a winch is used to pull everything back.

Then the welder and the welder get to work. Luckily for Dee, the club had agreed to update and re-stock the welding kit so Jeff had what he needed to make the fix.

After we spent 30 minutes welding the Jeep and another 30 minutes looking for a battery bracket nut for Redroxx (long story), we were back on the trail and making our way over to Rocker Knocker.

A nice shot of Gary Lee climbing up a rock wall. No flops today for Over EZ!
Here’s Melanie on her second trip through Pritchett canyon. She LOVES Rocker Knocker and says its her favorite obstacle. What have we done to her?

Of course, Susan goes through Rocker Knocker blindfolded!

surgeryturtle

RedRoxx
And, just like Susan, Melanie has a bit of a struggle with Axle hill. No broken axles for her but a nice wheel stand and a few moments of terror. All is well.

Another nice shot of axle hill. It’s hard to show how steep and tall some of these obstacles really are. This photo somewhat captures it though. If you don’t give it a bit of skinny pedal, you’ll never get up this first ledge.

Scott makes axle hill look easy!

Next it was over to the Rockpile. This silly obstacle can be easy or hard or downright impossible depending on the day. Today it was fairly difficult. A few of us made it though.

Jim’s first attempt on the Rockpile with Chief 9. He was super close a couple of times and had a couple of close calls with very near flops. Eventually he chose the Son of Rockpile.

Here’s a video of James’ first run up the Rockpile. Nice job!

[YOUTUBE]MeHqNjVKbNA[/YOUTUBE]

Wait, what’s going on over on the Son of Rockpile? While we were over on the Rockpile obstacle, Dee was quietly getting herself into a pickle. Yes Ralphy, she indeed is stuck.
With a big thumbs up, she waits for rescue. Sheesh Dee, quit hogging the blog! I noticed that Susan was looking at her with a bit of jealousy, perhaps a little green with envy? You know what that means! A full blown competition for blog time. I can’t wait to see Susan on 21 Road this weekend. Maybe she’ll do something retarded! Stay tuned….

Up scary Yellow Hill. Those who are first timers in Pritchett (or Larry) are often confused with the difficulty of this obstacle. You have to approach this hill off-camber and keep going! Crawling it leads to a slide and the fear of falling off the side. A few trucks had some interesting moments today. This couple from California was one of them.
At least 2 Jeeps elected to take the easier route up the left hand side. Scott, avoiding the tough line, actually set a world record for the biggest chicken dance Pritchett Canyon has ever seen! It was so dramatic that Susan was afraid to take the easier route and went up the hard side, trying to avoid a similar fate.

Here’s a shot of Redroxx at the top of the canyon and the end of Pritchett Canyon trail.

About half of the group decided to continue on through Hunter Canyon. We had a muddy climb through the wash and right after this photo Redroxx backed into a rock, hard enough to cause damage…….to the rock that is…..

Then it was up and over to White Knuckle Hill where several of the group attempted the obstacle. One Big Fat Jeep and 3 Samurai’s made it. The rest got a tug from the club’s recovery/tow vehicle.

It was a really nice trail day although a bit hot in the canyon.
Thanks all and see ya on the trail. Melissa

zukijames

it was so fun going with you guys .. hopefully you like me enough to let me join the club!

ps i cant see the video of me going up rockpile but it might just be this computer

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
looks like another awesome day in pritchet canyon!!! cool pics!

nice job james!!! (not many can say that they climbed the rock pile on their 1st trip through pritchet)

sixstringsteve

I can't see the video on either site, and when I search "James clibs rockpile" on youtube I can't find it either :(

Anyone have the link to it?