ProComp

QuadBogInc.

It has been a long time since I've posted..... but the question that I had was what is everybodys opinion of ProComp's 6" stage 2 lift versus other lift kits that you might favor.

I have a 96' Ford Bronco Which is currently stock " hopefully not for long ". I am also considering the ProComp X-Terrains 35-12.50-15's

I don't have any direct knowledge of ProComps handling so your opinions would be appreciated.

smithmonsters

I dont know about the lift but the tires are good stuff. I have 35-12.50-15 X-terrains and i love them so far. My buddy just got some 3 for the price of 4 last weekend, good deal.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
The speculation I've heard is that the Procomp MTs are better than the X-terrains. This is purely heresay, I've never used the X-terrains personally.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Oh yeah, the lift... Every Procomp lifted vehicle I've ever been in rides like ass. The shocks are just way too stiff. If I were in the market I would look at other brands.

QuadBogInc.

Good about the tires, I plan to use the same 3 for 4 deal but I really have to buy 5, " Spare is mounted on the back for all to see ". But I was just curious about the lift. Does anyone have any other brand suggestions? ALso what kind of wear can I expect on the X-Terrains

Last edited:

neagtea

Supporting Member
Make sure to run the long radius arms. I would junk the stock rear springs,block and add a leaf and install something like the skyjacker or compareable spring that has an arch for 6" lift. You may want to check other brands as pro comp spring rates are a little high. Stay awaw from tough country extended radius arms they bend if ya run it hard off road.

Caleb

RockMonkey said:
Oh yeah, the lift... Every Procomp lifted vehicle I've ever been in rides like ass. The shocks are just way too stiff. If I were in the market I would look at other brands.

I will second this...skip the pro comp lift...

and even if the tires are the sweetest tires out there (which they aren;t), they are still one of the most expensive tire out there...even with the buy 3 get 1 free deal you still spend almost as much (or more) as you would for other brand of tires...

H-K

INFIDEL
Supporting Member
Supergper said:
I will second this...skip the pro comp lift...

and even if the tires are the sweetest tires out there (which they aren;t), they are still one of the most expensive tire out there...even with the buy 3 get 1 free deal you still spend almost as much (or more) as you would for other brand of tires...

Word.
My vehicle has a ProCrap lift and it's stiff as hell. I thought it would break in and soften up, but after two years it still has a ridiculously rough ride with S#!TTY flex. :rolleyes: i understand it's not only a result of stiff Procomp shocks, but that the springs themselves are notoriously stiff. I wish I had known this before I bought them.

I dislike it so much, I make it a point to steer clear of any other Procomp products. I'm generally unimpressed and disappointed with ProComp quality so far.

Regarding the tires, I've only heard feedback from one person running 35" X-terrains on his Ford Expedition. He did not like the performance or the wear rate. I'm not sure if the wear is just a result of a soft compound or not.

That 4-for-the-price-of-three deal sounds like the offers from 4wheelparts. I've seen this offer regularly for tires or shocks. I've looked at the prices before and you can usually find better prices elsewhere. Usually the prices for the three tires you pay for are jacked up a bit to cover the fourth tire.

Last edited:

phillippi

Never enough time
The tires are pretty good. They are sticky and flexible. I also got a great deal from Fackler Tire in AF (wierd huh) but they were only $140 each for 33x12.5x15! Ill let you know how they wear when I get my 5.0 swap done.

fonzisjeepn

I had a pro comp lift on my jeep (for about a year) then replaced it with a skyjacker and there was a world of difference the skyjacker gave me more flex and alot better ride on and off the road.

grinch

inner city redneck
One problem with the Pro comps is they run small in there size... My 35 MT's are barly bigger than a BFG 33..... That being said the Pro comps have crappy side walls.... Ive blown one and my buddie has blown 3.... They seem to wear on the street well but do not grip like the BF's or other tires I have ran do.... The Procomp MTs are a decent deal for the price but I really would stay away from the X terraines.... I have not met a singel person who has ran this tire and been happy...

phillippi

Never enough time
grinch said:
I really would stay away from the X terraines.... I have not met a singel person who has ran this tire and been happy...

I guess I am the only one who likes my xterrians. I have had BFGs for 10 years and the 33"s Xterrains were better.

grinch

inner city redneck
Yep your the first person who Ive talked to who has liked theirs. I hated mine. I felt like the MT's were a better product for the price and I wouldnt even really suggest them.....
Im not saying your wrong if they work for you thats great. They just havnt been a good tire for me or any of the customers we used to have at are old shop....

JJJZJ

Jager Abuser
If the Bronco lift is anything like the crap-ass lift I had on my grand cherokee, stay away, stay very far away. I cant say anything positive about any of the components that were on my Jeep.