professional sand or media blaster- who has done it?

rondo

rondo
Anyone doing this for personal use at home?
I've been wanting my own pot-not to do it professional but there are oh so many times that i could have used a pro grade media pot - sand, glass, etc. whatever to blast big parts like axles or frames. Has anyone here got a pot they use for personal use, maybe in the backyard once in a while? Anyplace local to buy someones used or obsolete pot, suit and gear?
i have my own professional carpet cleaning machine, welder, plasma cutter-why not sand blaster?
i live in Tooele and i painted my jeep in my backyard. pretty sure noone will complain about a few minutes of dust haha
as for the big air compressor trailer-maybe rent one unless a home compressort would work even for a few minutes at a time?

STAG

On my grind
At work we have a big industrial sand blaster pot we bought second-hand from a blasting company. Works okay, we also own several of the large compressors required to run it. I don't know how big your backyard is, but it's a mess. And I think your neighbors would be more irritated with the noise of the compressor than painting a jeep ha. And no, if we are talking about the same size of industrial sandblaster, a home compressor won't even make it work. Not enough continuous CFM.

UFAB

We have a small pressure pot. Like 30 gallon. Used twice, don't need it. $40 bucks you can have it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

sixstringsteve

Remember that if you use sand you will need to wear a respirator to avoid silica poisoning. I had a HF pot a while back. It was a mess and a pain to use, but it eventually worked . I'm be paying someone to do all my blasting in the future. If I had a blasting cabinet that would have been much better.