Progress Pics

Bones

Also "X" the rear with a "-" in the middle to attch the harnesses to. :cool:

Just need my rear 3rd setup, fuel line to the tank made and build a bed around the rear and some misc wiring of the acc.

Bones

Actually MOVED it last night! :cool: Needs a couple misc parts, check over the electrical and then I can fire it up tonight! Bed will get fabbed this weekend while everyone else is wheelin :(

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by Bones
Actually MOVED it last night! :cool: Needs a couple misc parts, check over the electrical and then I can fire it up tonight! Bed will get fabbed this weekend while everyone else is wheelin :(

Any Progress is good! Are you going to Tube the bed? It's looking good.....

Bones

Yeah 1.5"x0.120 wall square since I don't have a bender handy. It'll look something like this when completed. Just enough to conseal the tank and tool box. Then I need to find a spare tire location and cooler spot! Going out to start on it now....I think :)
Flatbed.jpg

Bones

Thaks for the props. I have a long ways to go yet, but have to finish soon, June 20th in Disney, OK run is slated. I tried to start it tonight, and nothing happened. No lights, or anything :( I need to take a lot of time and go over everything again, I'm sure I missed something simple. For some reason, the plug for the horn is missing from the harness :confused: It's crap like that that's going to bite me in the ass I think.

Did some browsing. Not sure if SLC is for us or not. I would rather be in a smaller city, but the breaks with that are fewer jobs, less income, etc. I can't believe I'm saying that since there is sooo much better wheeling near by :p We are waiting on an inheritance, so until then we are going to stick around here.

Bones

FWIW, I drove it out of the garage yesterday! Seems a lot taller than when it was the 4runner (same suspension though)

Need to wire up the fan and ARB, mount some rear shocks, get the bed mounted, some finish welding on the cage and a windsheild, then get it "legal" and I'm off for some wheelin in a couple weeks. Sure hope I can go, I've really been out for to long!

I'll get some pics once it's looking more complete. :cool:

Bones

I'll get some more this week. Got the bed mounted tonight and brakes blead. I might take it back out tomorrow night for a quick spin and start breaking in the gears. No glass or license plates might get me in trouble though :p

Bones

This weekends progress

Front bumper is done and mounted. Just need to add the winch. and a couple more braces.

Harnesses are installed

Shocks are on

Bed is complete with mesh floor.

WILL get pics this week before I head out Friday.

Need to do before this weekend, wire ARB, fan, lights and it's a runner. Going to hold off on the windsheild for now since I am getting trailered thanks god.