Project DOFOR 94 Jeep XJ

Sasquatch_Adventures

Hey everyone, I am moving back to Utah from AZ and I am currently finishing up my Jeep so I figured I would share the build. I called it "Project DoFor" because I am building something that will do until I can build my YJ.

I bought the XJ as my daily driver last Oct. bone stock with 120k miles. Its a Country, 4.0, AW4 and had a D35....

After that I did some cosmetic changes like the head liner and removed the nasty gray trim along the doors.

From there I quickly tossed a 2" budget boost and 32" BFG ATs on it and wheeled it like that for a bit.

Sasquatch_Adventures

Another shot with the BB and 32s

With an idea of what I want to do I started ordering parts!

Ruff Stuff 8.8 simple swap kit
Ruff stuff 3/4 heim steering
Ruff Stuff Uniframe stiffeners
Ruff Stuff 1" thick bumper clevis

I also ordered a pieced together 4.5" Rubicon Express Long Arm kit with full leaf packs, shackles, quick discos, shocks, track bar and 4.5" coils.
5 35/12.50/15 BFG KM2 & flat black 15x8" Pro Comp Steel wheels
Rugged Ridge SYE
Rigid Industries Dually Series Flood LED Lights

Next I set out to get a 8.8 rear end and I will be installing a Adams Driveshaft CV DL to finish it all off.

Then I have this steering box brace and frame support kit waiting to go on from my friend at Filthy Addictions Off Road and after the LA kit goes on he will be building a set of sliders.

For the front and rear bumpers I will be using my new bender to build some custom tube bumpers.

Sasquatch_Adventures

A shot of the Rigid Industries LEDs

A little more progress and test fitting the tires.

Front kit is on except the steering and the track bar. RE sent the wrong spacers for the Heim joint!

This is pretty much ride height... I was going for a little lower.

Then I got a visit from UPS and FedEx!

Sasquatch_Adventures

Next I was able to get the steering kit installed. I have to hand it to FilthyAddicitionsOffRoad.com for the design work of this kit. It fit perfect and easy to install.

This kit comes with a brace for the frame and the steering box its self. It all goes together nicely.

Sasquatch_Adventures

Next I got the 8.8 all welded up and installed under the Jeep. The whole kit from Ruff Stuff its super beefy and everything went on very easy.

I welded up the center section like everyone says to do.

Its back on its own feet!

At this point I still had the rear brake lines, stiffeners, SYE, drive line and to finish up the steering drag link. The shocks, and the whole kit are on and then I started thinking about doing 4:56 or 4:88s gears and Aussies front and rear....

This was a lot of work to do on my back in the garage. What I would do for a vehicle lift...

Sasquatch_Adventures

I ordered the 4:56s, intall kits, D30 carrier and a few tools to help with the gear install oh and some new turn signal lenses.

4:56s

The start to a front bumper.... my first time using a tube bender.

And to help with the gear install...

Sasquatch_Adventures

A friend from FilthyAddictionsOffroad.com brought me a set of sliders! I have seen them in action on his XJ but to see these in person up close is impressive. They are super strong and built nice. Like their steering kit they have really thought these out.

Sasquatch_Adventures

Got a chance to work on the bumper here.
With out a solid plan of what I was going to do I started cutting, grinding, bending and welding. Here is what I started with.

Its kinda hard to see it and I will get some better shots up as soon as I can but here it is all done.

Sasquatch_Adventures

Then while the paint on the bumper was drying I started tearing into the front end to install the new aluminum radiator.

Figured while I was at it I would install a bigger trans cooler. :cool:

This is the same picture as above but its with everything installed and put back together!

Sasquatch_Adventures

Took it out for another test drive.

I got the Rigid Industries LED lights installed. While working at 4WP I installed a lot of lights and these are by far the easiest that I have installed. Most lights that I have installed you need to pull power from am ignition powered source or as they request the high beam power.

These were much easier, just plug the lights in, - & + to the battery and then run the 3 wires to the back of the switch. I can turn them on with or without the key and at any time.

I am going to move them back a little bit so they are more flush with the grill but they are in and work great!

Sasquatch_Adventures

Sliders and stiffeners installed.... I don't think I would do another set of stiffeners again (no pics...) That sucked!!

I also pushed the axle forward about 3/4". Now here I have a rear bumper and the gears left to do.

Sasquatch_Adventures

This is where I am at currently with the build, the gears are installed but I did not want to mess with the rear LSD so I ordered a new 8.8 carrier and the Aussie lockers for the front and rear.

I still need to finish the gears/lockers and then build the rear bumper. I am trying to get it all done and get ready to move back to Utah all at the same time... Ill post more progress as I can the lockers will be in on Tuesday!