14.4 KB · Views: 51
  • march-07-2 005.jpg
    march-07-2 005.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 34
  • tj strech 21.JPG
    tj strech 21.JPG
    12.2 KB · Views: 23

Bart

Looking great and bringing back memories. I have a question though. Have you flexed the rear up yet? From the one pic it looks like you'll be hitting the rear of your fender well pretty good when it flexes.

TELFORD

its a work in progress
Looking great and bringing back memories. I have a question though. Have you flexed the rear up yet? From the one pic it looks like you'll be hitting the rear of your fender well pretty good when it flexes.

I have given it a cycle, and it needs a good trim, I am going to try and get that closer tonight, as much as I can. I plan later to bend some tube and make some soild fender flares with more room in them, and do a highline front fender job.

TELFORD

its a work in progress
12" to the frame and body, my wheel base currently is about 106"

I will reinforce the cage for now, I plan to re build the whole cage later in the spring.

TELFORD

its a work in progress
I did not get the jeep done before Easter, it was a bummer but I just was not confident in it without a test run. I have been dealing with a death wobble issue that just didnt want to go away. At one point it was so bad I would start to get it at 15mph. After much trial and error I finally got it to subside. for unbalanced tires the 37" mtr's run pretty good up to about 55, then I start to get a small wobble. I will get them balanced, and get it all squared away here this week. I didnt want to put too much into it as it will just be going away before too long anyway.

As you can see I have a few issues and will need some trimming, as Bart was pointing out earlier. I plan to do some more trimming and make my own flares useing some 1" tube and some sheetmetal. I have added a soft 1/2 cab, and I am currently working on the tub/bed.

nothing like stacking tires up in the middle of the road to waste a weekend afternoon.

Attachments

• tj strech 15.JPG
    tj strech 15.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 50
  • tj strech 16.JPG
    tj strech 16.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

TELFORD

its a work in progress
X2 on that.Your geometry is wrong some where .Your rear axle is twisting hard.You might want to check the pinion angle when flexed out like that.

thanks for pointing that out, I will address that, I want to move that axle forward a little anyway.

Bart

I don't know what rear suspension your running, but I had minimal rear steer with mine, and I still put the compressed tire way into the rear of my wheel well. I think it's the nature of a 4 link.

TELFORD

its a work in progress
I don't know what rear suspension your running, but I had minimal rear steer with mine, and I still put the compressed tire way into the rear of my wheel well. I think it's the nature of a 4 link.

its a modified rockkrawler kit.(I know I know but it was a good deal and a good place to start) After looking at it their are a few adjustments that can be made, but I do think its kind of the nature of the beast as well. I want to try and address it the best I can, but I can live with a few minor problems. Heck at this point I am just glad to have a jeep that can leave the garage under its own power for once.