Project Trail Wagon

Green-Tonka-CJ5

BEE-DUHB
I have picked up a wagoneer of my own since seeing this thread. I love it! Wish it was in the condition yours is in. Let me know if/when you do the diesel swap. Would be a complete package!

Gas4Blood

I have picked up a wagoneer of my own since seeing this thread. I love it! Wish it was in the condition yours is in. Let me know if/when you do the diesel swap. Would be a complete package!

Sweet man!! Welcome to the addiction!! I am still debating what engine I want to swap in when the time comes. I am torn between a 4bt and a built 401. Good thing I have a LONG time to decide!! My engine has lots of life left in it:D What year of Waggy did you pick up?

wagonmaster

ONE TON 'O WAGON
Nothing beats a wogon and they will do amazing things. I am glad someone has this wagoneer problem besides me! It is the one vehicle that i have that always has people doing a double take at. It is fun to watch it happen and laugh!

Gas4Blood

Nothing beats a wogon and they will do amazing things. I am glad someone has this wagoneer problem besides me! It is the one vehicle that i have that always has people doing a double take at. It is fun to watch it happen and laugh!

Its so true! And the funny thing is that everyone always has some connection to a Waggy at some point in thier life. Either thier dad owned one or thier grandpa had one up at his cabin. haha. What are the specs on your waggy other than its on one tons? It looks sick! More pics?

Gas4Blood

Hooray for snow!!!! Finally got to do some snow wheeling in the Waggy! This was some of the wettest, slickest snow I have ever been in!! We were easily pushing 3 feet in some spots. I got stuck a few times mostly due to driver error:D Overall I was pretty happy with the Waggy's snow pushing ability. Definently need to get some front tow points welded up soon!!
P1010987.jpg

P1020005.jpg

P1020064.jpg

P1020077.jpg

P1020011.jpg

Deweyxj

Invisible, on purpose!
Sweet snow pics:D:D:D.. Makes me want to bust out the burban & go for a romp!!

Nice to have a big heated space on a trip like that isn't it?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

BTW: Where were you wheeling that day??:)

Gas4Blood

Thanks man! It was fun. Get that burb out and wheel it!! We were just west of West Yellowstone. The actual trail we were headed for was the Sheep Falls trail just outside of Ashton. We also headed out towards Cave Falls towards the last part of the day. Here are some better pics.

NovemberWheeling069.jpg

NovemberWheeling071.jpg

NovemberWheeling062.jpg

NovemberWheeling055.jpg

NovemberWheeling046.jpg

NovemberWheeling043.jpg

NovemberWheeling042.jpg

NovemberWheeling039.jpg

Gotta love them sheepskin seat covers!!!

NovemberWheeling040.jpg

Last edited:

Deweyxj

Invisible, on purpose!
In another month that will be snowmobile or snowcat country, won't it??

Was that the storm before Thanksgiving or after??:rofl:

The storm before was supposed to be the biggest in 7 yrs. & only put down about 3".... The one after was supposed to be an average storm, & put down aout 15" statewide..??? Who can figure????

I need to find some snow buddies & get out!!!:D

Even a simple two track becomes a 5+ trail with enough snow on it:eek::eek:!!!

i've owned many of those old waggy's and cherokee chiefs, gotta love them. your is looking good, i've been tossing around the idea for about a yr now of finding one a putting a 6bt in it, and using it a my tow rig.

4x4_Welder

Glad that worked for you, good to see that case go back on the trails instead of to China with the rest of the old Wagoneer. I still have the rear axle that I may or may not use if you wind up needing one too.

Gas4Blood

In another month that will be snowmobile or snowcat country, won't it??

Was that the storm before Thanksgiving or after??:rofl:

The storm before was supposed to be the biggest in 7 yrs. & only put down about 3".... The one after was supposed to be an average storm, & put down aout 15" statewide..??? Who can figure????

I need to find some snow buddies & get out!!!:D

Even a simple two track becomes a 5+ trail with enough snow on it:eek::eek:!!!

Yep, they will have it closed here soon! This was before Thanksgiving. It dumped 5 inches while we were up there that day! It was nuts! What part of Idaho are you in?