propane tuning?

schaeferNsons

Dirt Hedz Offroad Club
i've got a 1987 suzuki sami and i put a propane kit on it and it dosen't want to rev above a 1500 rpms, my tank is a little on low side (im goning to fill it tommarow) has anyone seen this before or have any tips

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
i've got a 1987 suzuki sami and i put a propane kit on it and it dosen't want to rev above a 1500 rpms, my tank is a little on low side (im goning to fill it tommarow) has anyone seen this before or have any tips

What motor? 1.3? Did you remvoe all the vacuum hoses and carb junk? Does it do it all the time or only when you drive it? How does the intake look inside, most of them are all carboned up. On my kit I had to make my own throttle attachment. How is yours done?

schaeferNsons

Dirt Hedz Offroad Club
i took all the carb stuff off all the vacuum lines, the intake is clean inside, and made my own throttle link. it doses this all the time. im thinking that the lock off is the porblem

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
i took all the carb stuff off all the vacuum lines, the intake is clean inside, and made my own throttle link. it doses this all the time. im thinking that the lock off is the porblem

I would just wire the saftey hot all the time and see if it stops your problem, then fix it right. How is your regulator doing, maybe its getting froze up. Does it do it more when hot then when cold? Mine runs awesome, it seems like the air/fuel screw doesn't do that much though;)

schaeferNsons

Dirt Hedz Offroad Club
i bypass the lock off today and it didn't change anything, the regulator is the converter right? were the heater hoses go through it seems to nice and hot, i have play with the idle mixture screw and the mass mixture and they don't seem to do anything and it runs about the same hot or cold

thanks again for your help

rkillpack

Converted Oil Burner
had a similar problem

I have a 427 that was starving because I was trying to run it off a BBQ bottle. I was not getting anywhere close to the amount of liquid that the vaporizer needed to run the engine under load.
I then mounted two 20 gallon propane motor fuel tanks tanks and haven't had the reving problem unless I am under full load, and even then it is not a huge problem. I think that I just need to add another carb and vaporizer. The motor was supposed to make 5-6 hundred ponies (gas), and has 12:1 compression.

schaeferNsons

Dirt Hedz Offroad Club
yea i got a 20 gallon tank so i hope that is enough for my little 55 hp motor. i talk to a friend of my and he said it is in carb so im going try a new one

thank you for all your help