props to Ryan (jinxspot)

sixstringsteve

I've got to hand it to Ryan (jinxspot). I met Ryan when he first moved out here, and he struck me as a really great guy. I was looking forward to hitting the trails with him.

Our first outing was at snakes, and he took off with a group ahead of me. I saw his truck on a ridge way above me, driving way off the trail. I heard he posted pics up here and got chastized for not being on the trail. Rather than get his panties in a bunch, he decided to learn from it and move forward. As time went on, he continued to educate himself. At the last noob run, he asked some very good questions about treading lightly and what's considered the "trail" out at snakes. I know there have been a few tough pills to swallow for him, and he's had to change his paradigm a lot. That's never fun nor comfortable. After Tacoma's tread lightly presentation, and our noob trail run, he really has a positive attitude about treading lightly and doing what it takes to keep our trails open. I just want to congratulate Ryan for finding the balance and being humble and teachable enough to learn.

So if you don't know him, I recommend you do. He's a really great guy who wants to do the right thing. He's learning and is already a very valuable resource to our 4x4 community. If you knew the "old" ryan, he's a new man now. :D Way to go Ryan.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
After Tacoma's tread lightly presentation, and our noob trail run, he really has a positive attitude about treading lightly and doing what it takes to keep our trails open. I just want to congratulate Ryan for finding the balance and being humble and teachable enough to learn.

This right here is great to read. It isn't easy to move past our own shortcomings sometimes.

Thanks, Ryan!

i remember when i was younger i used to go offloading a lot.. i never cared about anything back then. now im older i cant believe how stupid i was. i hate going up in the mountains and seeing where people have tore up the hills trying to climb the side of the mountain. i never got that crazy but i did do things i am not proud of. now any chance i get to help out and make a difference weather its cleaning up after people who left there garbage at the camp sites. or when they just throw junk out the window... now when i go pick up garbage and cans i save the cans and any money i get from the scrap metal and cans i donate to the forest service. i even get the younger kids in my family to go out and plants trees in the mountains. it feels good knowing i can teach the younger kids how to respect the places that are beautiful. i think with the help of being a member on here and reading posts help educate me on treading lightly!
thank you Ryan for learning from mistakes and helping to make things better!

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
Thanks for the props folks I really appreciate it...

I’m also trying to be more involved with the local Utah issues as well as educate others while I’m on the trail by leading with example and speaking up when things deviate from what would be acceptable.

It's been because of all the cool people here on RME helping me transition to a better outdoorsman that made this happen.

I have to admit it’s been an awesome experience moving to a new region and getting to know so many cool people on the board and out on the trail.

I’m looking forward to meeting more & more people here and on the trail....