Pros and cons of Hummer beadlocks

Tgure

AtTiLiA said:
is there a link for the reinforcements and the centering parts i need after i buy the rims.

i think this idea is awsome and want to do it for one of my next upgrades.

you say the outer ring is weak... so do i pm cj or does he have a site with pics or is there a site/link with pics of the bar reinforcements and the center parts to recenter the rims ????

Here is a couple links to his forsale threads.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311042&highlight=hummer+centers

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223659&highlight=hummer+centers

Caleb

AtTiLiA said:
what about recentering them??????

checked out usa6x6 and they got good rims for cheap it looks like, but someone else said they suck is this true ??

seriously, go with USA6x6 if you want but when you get screwed don't say we didn;t warn ya. Search PBB, there have been a ton of threads on there about USA6x6...in fact Daniel (the owner of USA6x6) was banned from PBB because he screwed so many people from there and one of them being Camo.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
harkinoff said:
I have never heard of and brake issues with a 44 or a 60, the only issue is steering clearance, thats why you run the spacers or a wacko steering arm to clear the wheel.

Any links to these 'whacko' steering arms built to clear the Hummer wheels?

darrin

OCNORB said:
Thanks for the info Harkinhoff. I really don't want to change the backspacing though. Part of the justification for buying them is that it will make the overall width acceptable. Darrin on here runs the wheels on a HP D44 with no spacer. He says he had to do a little caliper grinding, but nothing too bad.
I actually did not have to do the grinding on the caliper for the H1 wheel I ground them when I was running the 15 inch wheels, but the bolt that holds the caliper slide in place was to tall so had to use alan head bolt, that was the only issue with the calipers, the only real issue was the steering arms had to do a little grinding on the stock arms and modify the hysteer arm, but with the hydro assist it steers better then ever and I love the way it handles on the street now I never thought I would be able to drive it on the street safely again but it drives great, I also like the look of the stock H1 wheels.cant wait to see them on the willeys.
before I forget I would also like to thank Mbryson for hooking me up with o-rings when I was desperate he is awsome and cant wait to see his jeep on the trails.

Last edited:

spectra

I just bought a set and am in the process of mounting them and found out that the stock runflats will not work with the Iroks. The beads are to thick and the runflats need to be cut down. So I ordered the pvc ones from CJdean also have his rebar rings. All I can say is he is a great guy to deal with. Ordered my rings from him and he sent them out before I could even put a check in the mail. Also sent my pvc inserts out the next day when he told me it would take 3 to cut them down to fit the Iroks.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
anyone who uses USA6xSux deserves every one of the problems they are going to have. They are running about 1 satisfied customer for every 10 I think. I can show you pictures of a set of rims they shipped that vary in width up to a 1/2", and are visibly out-of-round. I'm talking, the center holes are off-center. The beads leak, etc etc. I would never, EVER buy anything from them, just on principle. You should hear the excuses as to why things like that happen.

Daniel Little is an as$hat and deserves to lose his shirt, and soon at that. Ripped off Avalanche Engineering's Rockwell pans, screwed Stazworks way back when, etc etc.

But I digress. :greg:

darrin

spectra said:
I just bought a set and am in the process of mounting them and found out that the stock runflats will not work with the Iroks. The beads are to thick and the runflats need to be cut down. So I ordered the pvc ones from CJdean also have his rebar rings. All I can say is he is a great guy to deal with. Ordered my rings from him and he sent them out before I could even put a check in the mail. Also sent my pvc inserts out the next day when he told me it would take 3 to cut them down to fit the Iroks.
I run Iroks on mine just fine took a little work but seem to work just fine we also mounted my father in laws iroks just fine and a set of 44 inch tsl's which have even a thicker bead and they also worked fine.

harkinoff

something to do...
Tacoma said:
anyone who uses USA6xSux deserves every one of the problems they are going to have. They are running about 1 satisfied customer for every 10 I think. I can show you pictures of a set of rims they shipped that vary in width up to a 1/2", and are visibly out-of-round. I'm talking, the center holes are off-center. The beads leak, etc etc. I would never, EVER buy anything from them, just on principle. You should hear the excuses as to why things like that happen.

Daniel Little is an as$hat and deserves to lose his shirt, and soon at that. Ripped off Avalanche Engineering's Rockwell pans, screwed Stazworks way back when, etc etc.

But I digress. :greg:

I must have really lucked out by the way you talk.. My wheels run true and balanced fine, Had Jackit balance them. I check welds and wheels out regular and have found nothing. The welds look really well also.. I not defending Daniel about his past, but I am defending his work on MY WHEELS!!!

spectra

darrin said:
I run Iroks on mine just fine took a little work but seem to work just fine we also mounted my father in laws iroks just fine and a set of 44 inch tsl's which have even a thicker bead and they also worked fine.

When I went to put my 42s on the 8 bolt hummer wheels they were not going to fit. Searched around and found a few other people with the same problem. I could not even get the lock started with 2 bolts had to tighten one just to get another one on.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
harkinoff said:
I must have really lucked out by the way you talk.. My wheels run true and balanced fine, Had Jackit balance them. I check welds and wheels out regular and have found nothing. The welds look really well also.. I not defending Daniel about his past, but I am defending his work on MY WHEELS!!!

heheh yup! You're a 10 Percenter, how does it feel? LOL

as long as your stuff works, rock on! I'd feel very differently if it wasn't for the fact that literally every product I've seen from his company wasn't just messed up in some way. Oh well.

/usa6x6rant