Protecting your nuts? (Wearing a cup?)

zukijames

Does anyone on here wear a cup while riding?

yesterday up AF The kid I was riding with tried to fight a fallen tree with his scrodum ..the tree won I think he ended up with around 40 stitches in his sack!

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Never considered wearing one when I rode.... just wore riding pants. I think a cup would get uncomfortable fast on a bike....... but not as uncomfortable as 40 stitches

zukijames

When I got to him he pulled a piece of tree out that was stuck in the crotch of his pants . Maybe some riding pants with a little extra protection in that area? Or a sock?

i was not a fast rider before but after witnessing this I don't think I will get out I first gear for awhile!

zukijames

How did they happen? Was it like a jousting contest? I think that's the craziest riding accident I've heard of
It was a deep track . Front tire got up on the side he tried to ride out of it, but it washed right as he got to the fallen tree.. Only place in the whole field that had Anything besides weeds to land on :(

zukijames

Yeah I was supposed to ride back and get him a piece of the tree and his glove when I went up to get the bikes and trucks.. I couldn't convince myself to get on the bike ha.

STAG

On my grind
I'm thinking some riding pants with some kind of built in (more flexible than a cup) protection would sell really well.

How did you guys get him to the hospital? Airmed/LifeFlight? Or a long bumpy road in a side cart of a '41 German military motorcycle with modular stretcher with a bag of frozen peas?

zukijames

A hiker came along and rode the injured kids ktm with injured kid on back..

they were camped near by , got in his jeep and drove us to the hospital super nice guy!

the injured kid (17) didn't even say any bad words I had no idea how bad it was I would have had to get flown out for sure!

He was upset at the hospital because he's raced hundreds of desert miles and never had to go to hospital, then putting around with us he ends up in the ER