Providence Canyon 7-29

193kyle

Well I left my house at 10 am this morning and went up through huntsville and took the road over through avon. Got into Prov about 11:45 and headed up the trail. Played a little up by the rock quarry and continued on up. We came across what looked like a not very deep puddle/pond whatever you want to call it. So I figured I would drive through it. NOT A GOOD IDEA! I buried myself almost over the front tires. We had it almost out when some nice people in a Land Cruiser stopped and pulled me the rest of the way out. THanks!:D We then continued on up to the peak of Mt. Logan. About 15 minutes before the top we came across another Land Cruiser, this one on its lid:eek:. So we snapped a few pics and continued to the top where we snapped a few more pics and headed back down. When we got back to the upside down Cruiser they had a crew of about 6 trucks and a few winches and straps to get the thing back on its wheels so we stopped and watched until they got it righted and continued on our way. Got back into town and decided we had had enough bumpy roads for the day so we cruised back over Sardine. I was quite impressed with my little 4 cylinder as I held 65 through the whole canyon. Got back home about 7. All in all a great day, quite happy with my truck so far, and can't wait to run some more difficult trails. Here are some pics.

DSCN0462.jpg

DSCN0468.jpg

DSCN0472.jpg

DSCN0479.jpg

DSCN0484.jpg

DSCN0488.jpg

193kyle

Yeah I cried a little when I saw that:(, and I really felt bad for the guy cuz he had just done a full restoration on it and it was his first time out. It was a really nice rig. It didn't do too much damage though. Yeah that puddle did not look that deep.:D

notajeep

Just me
Sorry I missed you! looks like I missed a great trip. That hole isn't that deep.... you just have to stay out of the ruts.
Dan

XJEEPER

The place were he rolled is more off-camber that the pix indicate, prolly trying to stay out of the rut and got a little too high on the right........seen a few near-rolls here when there's snow on the ground.