providence canyon conditions

rustyjeep21

Does any one from Logan know how the conditions are up providence. Our club from idaho has been planing on running it on the 25th. Any information would be appreciated, or come with us.

Thanks.

RJ
Southeast Idaho Krawlers
thesik.com

Cherokeester

You will get up past the quarry a ways and then hit big snow in the shady areas. This heat wave in the last 1 day may have helped but I don't think you have a chance at Logan peak.

rustyjeep21

Thanks, i figured we wouldnt make it to the top. its hard when you plan stuff three months in advance. Are there any other trails around logan that would be fun also? We will be down there all weekend.

rustyjeep21

I can show you some of my favorite things , way fun. And can be a easy or
As hard as you want

That sounds good i know we definiatley have people that love a challenge. are there any other good trails in the area? providence is all ive done in logan. we will be getting there probably between 9:30 to 10 on saturday, and camping. give me a call if you want to wheel with us/ show us the area. thanks

RJ
208-251-six three 22

crawldaddy

Did anyone make it up over the weekend? Ive been camping down south and my wife said that the local newspaper ran an article saying that Providence canyon is closed due to the road being washed out? I have to work out of town for the next 3 weeks starting Wednesday so I might take a drive up there Monday night and see how it looks.

alwaysxj

one hot moma!!!!
I heard that right where the slid was a couple year ago there is a 6 foot hole across the road. I still need to get up to see it since we have a group going on july 10th.

rustyjeep21

its washed out.we got there sat morning right as the forest service closed the road. the wash was beter than six feet across and four feet deep. ill post a pic after work.

rustyjeep21

probably a while if they take care of stuff in utah like they do in idaho

P6240042.jpg

P6240044.jpg

Last edited:

eatrocks

Folks have been getting around the closed point but it does not get any better past that point What was a 10 min drive Im told is close to 2 hours just the gravel pit

Toad

At the mouth of millville that have a big wood fence up just past the deer fence with a sign on it that says if you are caught trespassing with any motorized vehicle you can get up to a 5 grand fine and jail time. Last night we drove up prov they have put up a wood road block also.

XJEEPER

Just spoke with the Logan Dist USFS office, culvert washout repair in Prov Canyon can't take place until the stream flow subsides, currently running above flood stage.....3-ish weeks target to reassess. Millville opening date will be re-evaluated on Friday, both trails are still snowbound up high.

Good news is, there should still be some good opportunities to play in the snow once it opens.

rustyjeep21

Bring a chainsaw we cut at least 10 trees out of the road up from the hardware ranch area. there was some good snow even though all the good roads were closed.

eatrocks

Talked to the forest service guys Sunday at the girls scout camp. Millville is open but there is a nice sink hole full of water about 3 miles up and then the road is washed out about 4 miles up. Also they spent Saturday giving out tickets up prov to any one going around the road closed point.

The word from them was that the gates were going to be opened next Friday or Saturday

alwaysxj

one hot moma!!!!
^^^ are you talking about the gates up millville? or are you saying prov will be open then aswell.

Last edited:

eatrocks

all the gates in to the back area will open at the same time but Prov will stay closed till the road damaged is fixed