providence canyon conditions

eatrocks

so do they plan on making that funding up with the fines for crossing the closed road sign, the fine is 5000.00

Wonder if this coould be done as a work progect ????? Bet we could get some jeeps and such there is gravel close by????

SportSawyer

so do they plan on making that funding up with the fines for crossing the closed road sign...

Not just a sign now. Have you seen the concrete barrier & fence?

It looks like they could allow motorcycles. A motorcycle could easily pass the damaged section without causing any additional impact or widening the road.

Another thing. Cache County & Providence City road crews may be able to help fix this. Why not work with the FS, County, and Providence to get it done (or at least apply a band-aid to allow access)?

Last edited:

SportSawyer

If the motorcycle are going by they are hurting the others

I guess you didn't understand. Motorcycles could be allowed. There's plenty of room for 2-wheels on that 4' wide strip if the Logan RD chose to do so. And it wouldn't cause any impact.

But right now, I don't think any motorized vehicles are getting by. Again... go look at the barriers.

O6Unlimited

You could get a jeep around it as well. There are more washout above that need to be fixed as well. I talked to forest service yesterday. They are currently working on Millville canyon and should be done in a couple weeks. She didnt think providence canyon would be open this year.

eatrocks

Im sure that you could get lots of things around it if you try but we should not try 06Unimited give me a call 801 897 3043

SportSawyer

Im sure that you could get lots of things around it if you try but we should not try ....

You still don't seem to understand what I'm writing about. I'm not suggesting people violate the Special Order, just that the order could be amended to allow a use which does not go against its intent (safety & resource impact).

The only way to squeek by in a jeep (or possibly ATV / UTV) would involve widening the road (resource impact), and possibly sloughing away some of the sharp edge of the eroded channel (safety, some would also say resource impact).

A motorcycle could get by the same as a mountain bike. The mountain bike is allowed.

Last edited:

eatrocks

if the trail is closed its closed walking in is fine but its should be closed to wheeled thinkings not just things with motors Dan is stoping by work tomrrow

Yota

Has anyone been getting their rocky gnarly terrain fix elsewhere in the valley area? Feels like I have nowhere to take my truck :(

logansportage

SportSawyer and eatrocks,

Basically what I understand is that the trail is basically in-between stages of closed at this point then. It's not marked as "Wilderness" areas are where there is no mechanized travel allowed. Just restricted to 2 wheel access only.

I understand the thought process behind this because if you can get 4 wheels in there you can get almost anything and not be able to control the amount of people going in. With 2 wheels, even if it's on a dirt bike which does tear up the tera firma more than a 4 wheel vehicle, it does limit the amount of usage greatly.

Hopefully it will get repaired soon so it can be enjoyed again.

I hope they were able to get trucks up Millville last night to help put out the fires from the lightning strikes. WOW, what a show!!! If you didn't stay up late last night, you really missed out.

Logansportage

SportSawyer

.... With 2 wheels, even if it's on a dirt bike which does tear up the tera firma more than a 4 wheel vehicle ....

You state that as a fact. It isn't. It simply depends on how the vehicle is equipped and used. A careless & inconsiderate person can cause a lot of impact no matter what they're doing. Any vehicle can also be used with minimal impact if Tread Lightly guidelines are followed.

I'll guarantee you I can ride my trials bike anywhere with less impact than you in any 4-wheeled vehicle, and I don't care how careful you are.

logansportage

You state that as a fact. It isn't. It simply depends on how the vehicle is equipped and used. A careless & inconsiderate person can cause a lot of impact no matter what they're doing. Any vehicle can also be used with minimal impact if Tread Lightly guidelines are followed.

I'll guarantee you I can ride my trials bike anywhere with less impact than you in any 4-wheeled vehicle, and I don't care how careful you are.

You can't guarantee that. Sorry.

Logansportage