providence canyon conditions

alwaysxj

one hot moma!!!!
They never close any gates up Providence, I take a sled up every year and I have never seen a gate closed... you might be thinking of right hand fork they close in nov. Unless they changed everything this year and put in a gate. That will make a lot of people really mad trying to go sledding, especially the wealthy roller coaster builder mentioned above!

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I don't know if anything has changed recently but the forest service has always told me the quarry and lower is open to all motorized vehicles all year long. I used to love midnight snow wheelin' up there!

No gates however a rich roller coaster builder has been known to block access with a big Caterpillar at the bottom of the canyon allowing nothing wider than a snowmobile through :-\

Cherokeester

Actually I was thinking about Millville canyon, thanks for pointing that out. They do have new gate posts at the one mile parking area in Providence. By the way, they are not repairing the old road, they are making pretty much an entirely new one. It is cut higher up from the river and will be a mini van road, at least for now.

XJEEPER

I spoke with Kathy Jo, with the USFS Logan District yesterday and she indicated that the road repair will be completed next week, after which the canyon will be open for motorized vehicle travel. Wahooo!!!

OLSEN

Yes, Providence Canyon is indeed open. According to the F.S. it is legal for travel 11-10-2012
As mentioned it is a new road up to the quarry, and the quarry itself is not as 4X4 fun as before the big washout. This all is according to the Cache Forest Service as I have not phsically visited there yet.

Olsen, L

Toad

Just fired up one of the Banshee and took up there. Why did they have to do a completely new road? And why did they screw with things at the quarry?

Cherokeester

Prov canyon

Cruised up there today with the wife and the puppy. The road to the quarry is no problem for even for land yachts. The quarry has changed a lot, they have moved a lot of rocks and dirt around but it was still fun. Here are a few shots from today.

jeep2prov.jpg

jeep3provbruce.jpg

jeep5provgoodbruce.jpg

jeepprov8.jpg

jeepprov6.jpg