Providence Canyon?

P

pokeyYJ

Hey does anybody know how to get to Providence Canyon? I would like to try this trail and want to know how to get there and how hard it is. If I could do Rattlesnake wash without too much trouble could I possibly do Providence?

trpl xj

Prov. canyon is fairly hard from what I hear. I haven't been up it for a few years with the crappy weather we've been having it will be really slick with snow at the top ( I know because I'm looking out the window at it right know). go up sardine canyon towards logan. Just after you cross the second set of tracks there will be a sign pointing east that says providance. make a right there, follow the road east you will come to a traffic light with a mavrick on the northeast croner. continue east you will pass a school on your right and a bank and some fairly new buildings on your left. go up to I think 2nd or 3rd west:confused: not sure on the street address. turn right (south) it will be a two lane road that goes south for a while then goes up a steep hill and turns to the left (east) continue east and it will take you right to the start of the canyon. when you first come into providance there is a house way up on the hill with a huge white fence going all the way around the house and its property. Make your way to that house its drive way starts right before the mouth of the canyon. It has two big metal gates at the bottom of the driveway that say S&S. I will drive up there tonight after work and get some better directions for ya. I will let you know tomorrow morning.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Prov canyon has some great obstacles, but the hard ones were all in the quarry when I did it earlier this year. Driving up the trail is fun with lots of rocks and steep. You shouldn't have any trouble with it, although I do recommend you take someone else with you.

jd

trpl xj

ok I got some better directions for ya. turn right at the sign for Providence go east through the light, turn right onto 1st east just follow it south it will go up onto the bench and at this point it will turn into canyon road and make a sweeping left and head you east. Just keep following the foad and it will take you right into the canyon.

grinch

inner city redneck
Providence canyon is pritty tame. This time of year is pritty fun thoagh with a little mud to make it interesting. There is one section above the rock quary that has alot of loose rock and is fairly steep. Itleast one locker is advised for this section but not completly necessary if you are a good driver. Take along another vehicle. There are a few spots that you can slip off the trail if it is raining or even funner snowing.
Have fun!!!!!

P

pokeyYJ

Thanx for the info, maybe I will have to wait until next spring to try it.

ewander

I went up last weekend. It was a blast. There is another road that takes off up the right a ways up that has some great potential for rockcrawling.

Definitely take two vehicles.

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Let me know when you want to go and I can meet you up there sometime and go with ya. We can meet up there on a Saturday morning, or something.