PS4 or Xbox One

• Xbox

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • PS4

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
Looking to get the boys a system for Christmas. Which one is better?? I can get the Xbox one with 2 assassins creed games (that will never get played) on amazon for $349 or the PS4 at Walmart with the newest batman Lego game and another kiddish game for $399 or Xbox one at Walmart with the kinnect and no games for $449

I've never been a gamer so I don't know.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
How old are your kids?

For me I think its more about what games are they going to want to play. If they are younger the kinect could be fun to play the "off the couch" games. If a bit older Halo is only on the Xbox so if they want that game you are pidgin holed into buying that. Basically there are some franchise games that only work on one of the systems. If your boys are set on playing that game you'd need that system. If they are pretty young though that may not matter. Other than that I think its more personal preference and there isn't a real clear cut winner.

One other thing to think about, what do their friends have? You can play online with friends as well as lend/borrow games.

Last edited:

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Madden is on both systems so that shouldn't be an issue. I'd check to see if/what their friends have and probably go that route so they can play with them or have familiar controls when they are at said friends house.

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
Does the Xbox one play blue ray? I know many are going to digital DL now days, but it's athought.
I think there are more games for the Xbox, but I haven't really looked into a PS4
In the end, I think and Xbox one is the one to go with, sadly Xbox 360 games can't be played on the One, I'm not sure about online play with the same game.
Best of luck!

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
They would much rather play outside and do all the time. We have never had one and they are nice for rainy day . I am 100% on board with outside play but i like a little variet .

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
We just bought a X Box one from Costco with a few games for $330.00. It is one of the best systems we have used. We watch all of our movie, blue ray and non and Netflix through it. The picture quality is epic. We also have a X Box 360 and it is good, just not as good.

Caleb

You an find much better deals on the Xbox one. I got the ps4 when it was first released because I love the uncharted games. The assassin creed games are quite fun but are available on both. For me the media aspect of Xbox one was a non-point as I have a pretty nice digital setup right now anyways so no matter which one I got, it wouldn't ne replacing what I currently have. I'd figure out the games your kids (or you :) ) want and get the system that supports them. If it's primarily the sports games, both support them so get what you can find a better deal on (Xbox one likely). I wouldn't trade my ps4 for an Xbox one though :D